Ten

Your eyes racked the water below, searching for any sign of Raph. There was nothing. The water kept moving as if he hadn't just jumped into it. You felt you hand cover your mouth as you stumbled backwards, falling onto the ground.

You had confessed to being in love with Raph and he jumped off a bridge. You didn't know what to think. You couldn't think. Your mind was a blur of words that made no sense. Images of people's faces you didn't recognize. Moments of your life that you could never forget. You tried to break through the chaos in your own mind and come back to reality but it didn't help. All your mind could focus on was Raph jumping off the bridge.

You squeezed your eyes shut and felt hot tears rush down your cheeks. "I don't love you." Those were his last words. A sob escaped your quivering lips and you rub your wet eyes. "R-Raph." You whimper as you picture his smiling face. Would you ever get to see it again?
*****

"(Y/n), thank God. I thought something had hap-" Your mom stopped talking when she saw your face. You knew you looked like crap. Puffy red eyes, shiny cheeks, and a red nose. You didn't really care though. You hugged yourself and walked by her. You had to tell the brothers.

Donnie and Leo were at the computers and Mikey was near by bouncing a ball off a wall. As you got closer you felt your heart pound in your chest. How were you suppsed to tell them their brother had committed suicide? Leo turns and sees you. He taps Donnie's shoulder and Donnie looks at you. "(Y/n), are you alright? You don't look well?" Donnie asks getting up. He reached out to you but you look away and he stops. "Did you find Raph?" Mikey asks and you close your eyes. Mikey was so innocent. You knew he would be the most effected.

You slowly nod your head and look Leo in the eye. "Great, where is he?" Leo asks and crosses his arms. He didn't look to happy, just annoyed. "H-he-" You stop and feel a lump swell in your throat. Tears begin to fall again and you collapse to your knees. "Hey, are you alright?" Donnie asks crouching and trying to reach out to you again. You hug yourself and hang your head. Tears running down your cheeks, you whispered the words you wished weren't true. "He's dead."

It's silent. So silent you could hear a pin drop. "This is a joke right?" Mikey says and you shake your head. Your (h/l) (h/c) hair shaking with it. "Your lying! Raph's about to walk through that door and he'll be fine. Right, Leo?" Mikey looks to his brother as you try to look Leo in the eyes. "Leo?" Mikey repeats his name. Leo doesn't seem like he hears him. He just stares blankly at you.

"I'm not lying." You whisper and look to Mikey. His face twists in anger. "Yes you are! There's no way my brother is dead!" He screams and raises his nunchucks above his head at you. You whimper and lower your head.

 You whimper and lower your head

"I wish I was wrong. You don't know how much I want to be wrong right now, Mikey." You whisper and clench your fists in your lap. Your knuckles began to turn white so you unclenched them. Small lines sat on your palms and you knew they were from your nails. "How?" Donnie asks and you slowly meet his glossy hazel eyes. "He jumped off a bridge. I looked for him in the water but I-I couldn't find him."
"You didn't look hard enough then!" Mikey yells and you close your eyes.

"This is your fault!" Mikey yells and he lunged at you. Leo grabs him and holds him to his body. Mikey begins to sob then. "Raph," He crys and lowers his head. "He can't be dead." Leo held Mikey closer. "Shh, it'll be fine." He whispers to Mikey and you feel terrible watching the brothers. This was their brother and you felt like you had killed him.

Donnie goes to his brothers as Mikey forces Leo to the ground with his sobbing.  You roll your head back and slowly stand up, trying to keep the tears back. You look at your mom and dad standing behind you. Your mom was wrapped in your father's arms and she looked horrified. "I'm ready to come home." You whisper and walk towards your parents. They don't smile at your remark but pull you into a hug. It was all so sad and nobody knew how to comfort anyone.