Eighteen

April

"Okay Raph, I'm going to need-" When I look to where he was standing he wasn't there. I curse under my breath and look around. I see an open vent. "Of course he left." I growl and kneel next to my ex husband again. "Now what did they teach us in Health class?" I look around. "Check the scene." It was clear so I looked back to Casey. "Check the victim." I tap his shoulder. "Hey, hey, are you okay?" I look up and roll my eyes. "There's nobody to call 911 or get an AED. I'm on my own." I sigh and bring my ear close to his mouth and look down his body. "Look, listen, and feel." I touch his throat and count aloud. "One one thousand. Two one thousand. Three one thousand. Four one thousand. Five one thousand. Six one thousand. Seven one thousand. Eight one thousand. Nine one thousand. Ten." I take a deep breath and start chest compressions.
***

Raph

I jump from the vents into a dark room. There were computer screens lighting it up. And a man sat in front of them. "Now where'd you go, big guy?" He whispers and I crack my knuckles. He freezes and I smirk. "Hello Vern."

He slowly turns around to look at me. Fear prominent on his face and in his eyes. I walk towards him. "Where's the girl?" I ask calmly and stalk around him blocking his exit. He smiles nervously. "W-what girl?" I scuff. "You know what girl." He chcukles and looks to the computers. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I say and he lunges at it. I grab him and slam him against the wall. He crys out and I growl in his face. "You really thought I would let you call for help? I'm not that dumb." He nervously chuckles again and I slam him into the wall again. "Where is she?!" I growl and he puts up his hands. "She's in her room. The third floor." He whimpers and i throw him to the floor. "Show me."
***

You

You breathe softly, barely blowing the hair out of your face. Your mouth was dry and you couldn't move. The door opened and you closed your eyes. You knew he was back to torture you more. "What do you want?" You say weakly. It was quiet then someone touched you, pushing hair away from your eyes. Your eyes meet glowing orbs and your breath catches. "R-Raph?" You stutter and his eyes light up for a second before they turn cold and he turns back. "He's gone." He grumbles and looks back to you and picks you up.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't come." You whisper and look up at him. "I wouldn't have." He says calmly and your eyes widen. "What? Why?" You ask and he shrugs. "If your parents hadn't shown up I wouldn't have known you were gone."
"B-but why?" He stops and looks down at me. "(Y/n), I told you I don't care about you." You push away from and tumble to the floor. "What are you doing?" He asks and reaches for you. You swat him away and slowly pull yourself onto wobbly legs. "If you don't care why are you here? There has to be some part of you that cares. You sent me a letter. It was the lyrics to the song I was singing. You couldn't have known that if you weren't checking on me. And to be checking on me you have to care. You have to care because you're here."

He's silent as he stared at you. "I don't care." He says and moves closer to you. You wobble back and put up an arm. "(Y/n) listen to me!" He says but you back away. "No. This isn't fair. I told you I loved you and you threw me away like an old dog bone." You whimper and he grabs your wrist. "I'm trying to explain!" You rip your hand back. "I don't want to hear it!" You scream and rush away. "(Y/n)!"