Five

"Can I join?" You ask, butting into the  brother's patrol talk. Leo looks at you and opens his mouth. "Absolutely not." Raph growls stepping towards you. "You don't know how dangerous it could be. What if something happens? You could get hurt."

You raise an eyebrow. "You guys literally sit and watch for foot clan activity. The most I do is bring a little more excitement to your life." You say and Mikey snorts. "You can come." Leo says and Raph growls again.
*****

"Wow." You whisper and look out at the lit city. "It's so beautiful!" You squeal and Raph pulls on your arm. "We're moving." You groan and give one last look at the city before following after the brothers.

"Up you go." Raph says, lifting you onto the roof of the next building. He climbs up after and you walk side-by-side. It's quiet and you look around at the city. "How are you doing?" You look at Raph. He wasn't looking at you.

"I'm good." You say and look ahead. "Is the room okay?"
"Yeah. It's fine."
"Is everyone being nice?"
"Yup."
"Do you miss your parents?" You stop walking and he turns to face you. "What?"
"Why would you ask me that?"

He looks away and huffs, clearly not knowing what he did. "Well I don't know. I was just asking a question."
"Of course I miss my parents Raph. Who wouldn't?"
"Well maybe you should go back."
"Maybe I should."
"Good, do it."
"I will."
"Well I don't see you leaving."
"I am!" You huff and turn on your heels, walking the other direction.
*****

Sorry about the short chapter. Longer one is soon to come.

~SugarPlumFairy45