2- Maybe I Dogded A Bullet

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I peel my eyes open slowly, watching as light flood in through the curtain less window.

I spring up and feel pain spread from my head down, where was I?

Quickly scanning the room, I realise it's a hospital with monitors and beeping devices which I was clueless on around me.

I can feel my head pounding heavily but as I go to bring my hand up it my wrist is pulled back down by cold metal.

I brush my free hand over silver cuffs that were restricting me to the bed.

My heart beat quickens as I realise I've been caught, the only reason I'm not sitting in a cell right now was because I went and cracked my head open.

The slow and repetitive beeping of the heart rate monitor I am plugged into begins to speed up with my speeding heart beats so I try and calm myself down.

It's too late by the time I do and a young, blonde nurse struts in.

She doesn't speak to me nor does she even glance my way.

My eyes faze in and out of focus as I watch her fumble around the small room.

Without speaking to me as changes drips in my arms.

"I'm not going to bite" I state when I notice she's staying as far back as possible.

I sigh, falling back into the fluffy pillows behind me and feel the pain in my head fade away quickly.

She leaves after that, still no eye contact made though.

This is who I was now, people where going to scared of me and when you're cuffed to a hospital bed because your own crime sort of back fired on yourself I suppose they had a right to be.

"I need to you sign this" a boy comes in, hardly seeming old enough to be a nurse.

"I'm a lefty" I shake my left hand, the one surrounded by the metal that I am unable to bring ul.

He holds some yellowy coloured sheets, paper work of some sort.

"What is it anyway?" I then question.

He too stays silent for a moment before coming closer to me.

He has light brown hair and hazel, green eye to accompany that.

I realise he's not a nurse, he's a cop with his badge just sticking out from under his jacket.

"It's hospital discharge papers, we're trying to get you out of here as quick as possible" he finally responds, swinging the light wood table around in front of me.

He puts the pen in my right hand and but it feels uncomfortable as I sit up to write.

"Do your best with your right" he tells me.

I nod slightly being obedient, scribbling my name down un-neatly on the fine ink line lay ahead of me.

"Full name please" he prompts me, seeming to get annoyed as I scrape the ink ball pen over the paper slowly.

I groan, steadying my arm with my other hand as I write 'Amberly' down a little neater then the last time.

"Where am I going after this?" I try my luck, biting my lip.

I'd watched TV and juvie didn't seem like a place I wanted to be, butterflies fill my stomach even as I think about my next move.

"So, you've gone mute now?" I scowl aggressively when he doesn't answer me, he folds and clips up the paper with a metal clip and heads on out.