23- Just A Little Drunk

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

"Woah" I let out in disbelief as I walk into the garden, Miles must have gotten some things down from the attic because somehow this garden looked amazing.

Fairy lights had been strung up over the tree, all the way to the top and dimly lit the place with an array of colors "Miles, this looks fucking awesome".

"Thank-you my friend" he skips over with a smug smile, his arms dropping over my shoulders as he takes a look at his masterpiece "I am a true artist".

"But if we get caught I am 100% throwing you under the bus" I then announce as I glance back towards the house, which seemed to be back to its normal self with lights flickering on and off as if people were just trying to raise the electricity bill and Xander back in the kitchen eating again.

"I've been hit by a bus before" Miles feels the need to blurt out, making me spin around to face him with a rather intrigued smile curling up on my lips.

"What type of life did you have before you came here?" I ask him, not quite expecting an answer and from the look that falls onto his face I wasn't going to be getting a proper one.

"It was... interesting" he admits to me with a stiff nod "And I mean, honestly, I've been constantly high since I was about 14".

"Wel-" my sentance gets cut off by the look on Miles' face which wasn't the cyptic unreadable look he always wore but rather an expression of pure terror as he stumbles back a little "...What?"

"T-there-" he shakes his head as he points to my shoulder, causing my eyes to slowly gaze down to where the boy gestured to.

"Oh" I let out a little laugh as I notice the tiny spider sat where the sun my shoulder, Miles still acted like a five year old taking a few more steps back as I slide the creature onto my palm.

"What the heck are you doing, you freak?" He holds his arms out to stop me from getting any closer to his flustered self "Put it down... wait, no kill it".

"It's tiny" I smile as I hold up my hand to take a look at the thing that I found pretty harmless "Look, jus-".

"I will literally kill you" he warns me, a serious look on his face as I laugh again "I'm not kidding, I will get arrested again if you put that thing anywhere near me".

With an joking eye roll I flick the spider back onto the grass, holding up my arms in surrender whilst showing him I was completely spider free.

"I just don't like spiders" he pouts childishly, his arms folding as he lets out a long and overly dramatic sigh "I think I was attacked by a spider as a baby or something because... I just don't like spiders like really bad".

"You're so weird, you can jump from a roof and get hit by a bus but you also have a melt down when you have to see a spider" I state honestly which obviously upsets the poor boy because he lets his pout grow in a hunt for sympathy I just wasn't giving him.

"Okay, well Corrine will pity me so I'm going to find her" he pokes out his tongue, now annoyed as he walks back into the safety of the house.

I pull a stupid face as he walks away, my lips curling up into an involuntary smile once more as he holds up his middle finger without even glancing back.

I end up slumping down by the tree with a tired huff, the days seemed different when you were trapped in one place and as soon as you weren't paying enough attention the time would fly past you so instead of being noon it was pushing 7 and I had barely noticed.

An Hour Later...

"Ivy" I snap to attention with the yell of my name, my hand being grabbed as I fling it up "I was going to tell you to wake up but instead I'll take a few steps back" Jase then announces with a laugh as he drops my wrist.