5- Rooftops

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

"Have fun saying your name 50 million times" Miles pushes open the door for me, gesturing me in quickly.

I look back to him as I walk in, then scanning the room of loud teens.

"Everyone this is, Ivy" Jewels claps, grasping their attention quickly.

"Sit then" Miles tells me quietly, pointing to a chair at the end if the long table.

I nod obediently and sit down, watching everyone look at me as I do.

It was just like the time where you're late for class and literally everyone feels the need to study you take your seat.

I get a few "Hey's" and smiles as I do though.

"Okay so I think we should all introduce ourselves then we can eat" Jewels smile and a few of them nod.

"I'm Nico" an auburn haired girl announces.

"Matti" was a short dark haired boy, probably one of the youngest.

After was Corrine and Cal, kicking each other from under the table with laughs.

"Rowan" a brown haired boy smiles, after him was a black haired boy called "Xander".

"I'm Jase and this is George" a light brown haired boy tells me, next to him a smaller boy wearing glasses who didn't say a word to anyone it seemed.

"Finn" a light haired boy says, he couldn't look anymore interested if he tried.

Finally was a red haired girl called Hasley and another black haired boy called Kane who sat opposite me.

"Okay, thank-you" Jewels sits down, motioning for everyone to start.

Chatter resumed and everyone ate, I sat there for a while just pushing my food around with the shirt fork.

I wasn't in about more for eating, I was tired and worn out from the past week.

I examine the room but Miles catches my attention, the way he sat on his chair.

He sat with his left leg crossed right underneath him and the other one brought up to his chest in front of him.

"Why are you sitting like that?" I ask him but he just rolls his eyes with a laugh and brushes me off with another shrug.

It confused me because it looked extremely uncomfortable and awkward but he seemed perfectly fine with it.

"He does it all the time- anywhere we go if he sits down, he'll sit like that but god knows why" Hasley tells me.

"Hey" Miles cuts in "stop critising how I sit and eat your food"

"As delicious as it looks, I'm not hungry" I tell him, still prodding it with my fork.

I spend the rest of the time, looking around the room.

It had a large kitchen attached, clean white marble slabs as counter tops and bright red bar stools at each.

I also watched as everyone else talked, they looked like normal kids.

I suppose it brought me back to the fact about why I was in here, I was a criminal but then again so were they.

Should I feel guily, because the more I thought about it the more the guilt faded.

Ava is 16 and they almost screwed up the rest of her life so what did it matter that I completely fucked with theirs.

Or maybe guilt was the exact thing I felt, it was like a battle between my mind and my heart but was it a bad thing that my mind was winning?

"How old are you?" Kane asks, snapping me out of my setteling daydream.