9- Shows Of Idiocy

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I open my dark eyes slowly and adjust them to the bright light, I couldn't recall when I fell asleep but my body still felt stiff and tired.

Miles stands at the other side of the room, drying his damp blonde hair with a towel.

"You alright?" He asks lowly when he notices I'm awake.

I give him a nod as I sit up, rubbing my face with my hands.

He had yet to make eye contact with me and I knew it was because of our argument before.

"Look I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, I shouldn't have gone that far just because I was angry" I breath out slowly, looking up to him.

He slumps his shoulders as he takes a heavy breath out "I said some things and made some assumptions I shouldn't have too so I apologise as well".

"So am I forgiven?" I question, hopefully.

"If I am, then yes" he says, keeping his voice quiet.

"Good" I let out as I stand, taking a look out of the window.

"You can go back to sleep, it's only 6 30" Miles says, causing me to groan.

It was early but I was awake and there was no chance of me getting back to sleep.

"Nah, I'm awake now" I state, going to kneel down by my duffle under my bed.

"Fair enough" he shrugs.

I pull out some black jeans and a grey top, I was beginning to realise my style choices were extremely monotone.

I look to Miles who instantly gets the message, rolling his eyes and turning dramatically around.

I let out a small laugh as I pull off my top, changing as quick as I could.

"Can I turn around now?" Miles, who had been facing the wall paciently, asks.

"Yep" I nod, smoothing out my creased top.

He jumps around quickly, running his fingers through his still damp hair.

"Why were you up so early?" the question pops into my head.

"I slept for like half an hour when you fell asleep but I've awake since then" he explains.

"Why don't you sleep?" I ask, curiously.

He shrugs "do you want to go get breakfast?"

I regret my question, he'd called me nosey as had that officer assigned to me but that felt like an eternity ago now.

"I'm not hungry" I answer him.

"I was serious about one thing last night and I mean I don't know you or anything but eating is needed for survival" he points out.

"I do eat, I'm just not hungry" I say.

The truth was I couldn't eat when I was nervous, I was nervous about being here and living here because it was all so new and I didn't like it.

"If you don't come willingly, I'll drag you there and we both know I could" he demands, gesturing to the door.

I sigh dramatically, throwing my head back and looking up to the ceiling like a child having a tantrum.

"Come on then" he pulls open the door, stepping into the hall.

I follow quietly to the stairs because I didn't need another lecture.

The house was quiet, it gets subtly eerie when you look out the window and all you can see is a metal fence and thick trees.

Miles's jaw drops open as he opens the kitchen door, a laugh escaping.