19- Segestive Positions [Part. 2]

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

"Good or bad sign that they're not trying to kill each other?" Xander questions, earning a few laughs.

"Leave them" Jewels warns "You'll start an argument".

We didn't argue that much, did we?

"I'm sorry" I say quietly to Miles, who sat next to me, looking down at his plate.

His eyebrow shoots up as he tilts his head towards me, "Elaborate".

"I don't know" I shrug "apparently we argue a lot".

His face breaks into a smile, "you're forgiven".

After a while being here I had come to the conclusion Jewels couldn't cook for shit, he stuff looked nice but as soon as you took a bite... you simply tried not to throw it back up.

Xander was lucky, he always say himself near the end and when he thought nobody was looking he binned the crap.

"What is it?" Matti sighs from the other end of the table "if you have something to tell us just tell us".

"Alright" Jewels claps to get our attention even though Matti had done that for her.

I saw what he was getting at, instead of her usual smile she wore a plain faced look.

"Tomorrow I have to go away for a week an-".

"Why?" Jase questions with a huff "because I swear to god if I see that prick of a guy again I will kill him".

"That's a threat Jase, no threats allowed" Hasley turns to him, smacking him in the arm.

"No Hase, it was more of a promise".

"Enough of that you two" she scolds "as I was saying, I'm going away for a week to look into another home like this so you guys will be stuck with whoever they send".

Miles looks at me with this sort of smirk, nodding his head as he bites his lip.

My eyebrows raise as he looks towards Xander who mouthes, "when?"

"Tomorrow" Miles answers with another quick smile.

"What are you planning?" I whisper once everyone else gets back to talking, asking Jewels about where she was going.

"You'll see later" he nudges me, fluffy blonde pieces of hair falling onto his face as he laughs.

I shake my head as I try to ignore the thoughts of impending doom because Miles had a plan, everything told me that wasn't a good idea.

"I will say this once and once only, you're all going to be on your best behaviour and you're not going to fight or argue or plot" she announces, Miles head hanging down as to avoid eye contact.

"We'll be good" Corrine assures her "right, guys?"

She receives a few "yeah's" and nods, even a few shrugs.

"Finn, she's looking at you about the fights" Kane pipes up.

"I don't know what you mean" he gives him a hit across the head "I'm a lovely person".

Recently Finn was quiet, according to Miles it wasn't weird that he had these little spikes of confidence then you heard nothing; he just told me to be careful.

"And we're already about to have an argument" Jewels sighs "can we not just eat for once without an argument?"

"Yeah but your food is gross" Rowan tells her "I mean, no offence or anything".