12- Do Not Touch

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I only begin to realise how dark it actually was when we stand in the hallway, the light from the window only stretches a few inches so me and Miles practically stand in complete darkness.

Miles turns around to face me but because of my inability to see I crash into his chest yet again, before I tumble back I grab onto the fabric of his shirt and pull myself back up and balanced.

"We're standing incredibly close right now" he feels the need to comment, I feel his warm breath on my head and realise I still had a firm grip on his top.

I let go quickly, dropping my hands to my side.

I hear him laugh quietly at my embarrassment and I let out a small sigh to myself.

He was extremely arrogant and I could completely see him being the school's very own player, he was use to girls dropping at his feet but unfortunately for him he was just the thing saving me from dropping down the stairs.

"I'm going to step back now" he whispers and suddenly the heat radiating off of him is gone.

We stand in silence for a few seconds as I bite my lip, my eyes adjust the best they can to the dim light and I could just about make out Miles' silhouette.

He was obviously naturally thin but his muscles had built him up enough for him not to be perceived as super skinny but the way he stood was confident with a straight back and a head held high.

"Why are we just standing here in the dark?" I finally question, shattering the sheet of silence.

"Oh yeah, come on" he stretches out his arm, grabbing my hand.

I jump as he does, his hand radiator hot compared to my cold skin.

"What?" He laughs "have you never held a boy's hand before?"

I roll my eyes; of course I had it was just the fact that in any relationship I'd had with anyone, I'd always be the dominant one so Miles being all cocky and smug had thrown me off.

"Go fuck yourself" I finally tell him, which only makes him squeeze my hand and laugh harder.

He drags me from where I stood without a warning, causing me to almost trip over my own two feet.

We walk to what I assume to be the end of the hall, keeping my free hand slightly in front of me to assure I wasn't about to slam into a wall.

"Your hand is so cold, I think I might get frost bite" Miles finally lets out, I'm pretty sure he'd been coming up with that insult for a while.

"Well at least you wont have second degree burns" I shoot back with an un-needed but triumphant smile.

"Let's agree, after this we are never holding hands again" he decides and I give him a nod, after realising he can't see me I mutter another response.

A cold breeze hits me after a scraping sound, the surprise almost knocking me off my feet again. I knew we must be standing right in front of the window.

"It's dark so stick right to the wall and don't let go of my hand because I can guarantee your death" he instructs, his voice laced with an out of place seriousness for the fun loving character he normally adopts.

"Got it" I assure him as I feel another chilly draft blow my messy hair behind me.

"And if try not to slam into me again" his joking attitude returns, somehow making me feel a little more at ease.

I wasn't even sure what I was agreeing to but he'd seemed pretty excited and although Miles was a complete and utter idiot I don't think he would actually let me die.