7- Hair Dye Disaster

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

By the time dinner was over it was already dark again, cooking, getting everyone together and eating took longer than expected.

I flop down on to my bed, pulling my thin black tie out of my hair, and combing it with my fingers.

"What are you doing?" I ask Miles, who sits rummaging through his dresser draw.

"Looking for a jumper, it's cold out there" he points over to the window, he wanted to go back up to the roof but his disorganised draw was stopping him.

"Why don't you just go to sleep instead?" I suggest.

"I don't really sleep much" he then claims with a shrug, now putting clothes on the floor "fucks sake, I really need to get another jumper".

"I'm pretty sure no sleep is impossible plus why not because it's awesome" I then tell him, he's seriously missing out.

I spot the jumper he's looking for hooked around the metal of his bed, I roll my eyes as I push myself up.

"I don't know, I just can never sit or lie still enough to actually get to sleep but I do sleep sometimes" he then explains.

I grab the jumper and cough loudly, drawing him attention back to me.

"Oh, thanks" he nods as I pass him the grey jumper.

"See you later then" I wave as I slump back down onto the bed, instantly regretting it as my back hits the wall and a ripple of pain originates from my bruises.

"Later" he pulls open the window, jumping straight out and for a minute I'm scared he's going to fall right off although he manages to pull himself up easily.

He was right, it was freezing so I pull my duffle out from under my bed.

I would of just closed the window if it wasn't for Miles being out there and I was mean but not that mean.

I bite my lip as I move around the clothes to look for a jacket, I'd already misplaced one of them and I wasn't about to go on a scavenger hunt for it.

I pull out a dark gray hoodie and I scowl, "you little shit".

I'd only ever had one official 'boyfriend' and this was his, he's slept with two girls during our 'relationship' and we were both only 16 at the time, the man whore.

I was cold and I'd assumed this had been washed, for a second I contemplate putting it on but a cold whisp of air catches me by surprise and goosebumps appear on my pale skin.

I kick the black bag back under just as the door bursts open, Cal stand in the doorway and my jaw drops open.

His blue fringe now a bright green and I hold my hand over my mouth to stop laughter.

"Where's Miles?" He questions through gritted teeth.

"Your hair use to be blue" I state, very obviously.

"Yes and thanks to Miles that has been changed and not for the better" he growls.

"How'd you know it was Miles?" I ask him but getting to know Miles had helped me assume this was probably him.

"Because he had the courtesy of leaving a note" he throws me a crumpled up green post it note.

"Little ironic" I appreciate the contrast between the paper and his hair "got bored of the blue and thought I'd mix it up a bit, was meant to be orange but this is far better. Miles".

"Yeah" is all Cal had to say, catching it as I chuck it back.

"I have no clue where he is so you'll have to kill him tomorrow" I lie, still staring at the green.