15- Crashed And Burnt

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

"I'm going up to the roof, I'll see you later" Miles says, grabbing the jumper he didn't lie about loving and pulling open the window.

"Or you could go down stairs and eat breakfast" I suggest with a shrug.

"I'm not hungry" he tells me and doesn't wait for a response before jumping out the window carelessly.

That was the thing with Miles, he just simply preferred to be alone.

I was still so unsure about him, just when I thought I had him figured out he throws something else at me.

But earlier he seemed genuine, opening up must have been big for him and I begin to doubt I'd handled it all the right way.

With an elongated sigh of exhaustion  I stand, too much feels for one night.

After I change and pull my hair out of the stupid bun I'd put it in, I pull open the door and venture out.

But as soon as I do I bump into Xander who seemed as if he was only just coming up stairs.

"Did you speak to him?" He questions as I get to him, leaning against the hand rail.

"I was going to bu-"

He just gives me an eye roll and I quickly debate whether I should push him down the stairs or not.

"Let me finish before you mentally scold me" I roll my own eyes as if to make a point.

"Then just fucking finish what you were saying so I can go back to mentally scolding you then" he sighs, with a small laugh to follow.

"I was going but he asleep and th-" again, the boy interrupts me.

"Wait, I think I can guess what happened next and I don't think I like it" he tells me, letting out a sharp breath.

"He had some sort of nightmare, I woke him up and he basically burst into tears while shouting at me" I explain very quickly with a frown.

Xander just nods, he already knew about this.

"What's dissociative amnesia?" I ask him, he knew about this all.

"He told you?" He questions, his brown eyes showing their disbelief.

"Yeah" I nod, a little confused.

"Well..." he shakes his head to himself "sorry it's just it's hard for him to talk about so him telling you is- well a good thing I suppose".

"But you knew" I point out, a little more snappier then I should of.

"I knew Miles before this place, we've been good friend since we were about 12".

"That came across rude, I'm sorry" I breath out, putting a hand to my forehead "It's just one of those days".

"Don't worry about it" he smiles, slapping my arm lightly.

"Why are you so nice, it's a touch irritating" I joke, normally I would of deeply offended someone with that.

"Like I said before, I don't do well with negative situations so anytime I can keep it positive I will" he grins.

"I like that, I'm very much a pessimist" I laugh.

"No kidding" he rolls his eyes sarcastically yet again, just to get on my nerves.

He starts to walk past me and I wave a little, I begin to skip down the stairs but glance quickly back.

He'd skipped his room was going towards mine and Miles, I nod a little and keep going.

He did need someone to speak to, he was alone too much and I don't think anyone could change that.