24- A Very Curious Conclusion

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

Miles P.O.V

I had eventually stopped spinning once I realised I had no clue why I was doing the absurd thing in the first place, I didn't actually remember getting drunk either but never the less I started both at some point.

My purple eyes full of energy quickly find their way across the garden but my face couldn't help but drop because Rowan, Rowan of all people, had his lips connected with Ivy's and it didn't seem as if they were breaking apart any time soon.

"Hmm" I let out quickly, biting my tongue with a rather puzzled look plastered over my features "That was... unexpected".

"What was?" Xander jumps out from behind me, shrugging my shoulder as he follows my gaze towards where Ivy and some of the other boys sat with her lips very much still occupied "Oh".

"Oh, indeed my friend" I shrug my shoulders slowly and take the cup of beer from his hand, downing just about half of it before shoving it back with a deep breath "Anyway, I think it's about time we say happy birthday to Hasley".

We both stood right next to the sterio so it was easy to twist around and pull out the plug from the back, the once blasting music cuts off and the garden plunges into silence as everyone spins around to face me which earns a bit of a smile from me because that was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

"Alright but we all know the real reason behind this" Xander whispers before backing off far enough so he wasn't in the view of anyone looking up and pulls a face.

I shake my head at him "The real reason we're all here drinking ourselves stupid is because Hasley is finally 17, which actually means none of us are old enough to drink but we're in prison so what's breaking the law just a little more".

I glance over to the red head who smiles with the new boy wrapped in her arms, he didn't seem overly joyed about it but also didn't seem able to escape "Basically you're thanking me for the excuse to get drunk?" She actually picked up on that.

"Miles being nice doesn't happen too often, just take it" Cal cuts in quickly which earns a laugh from both of us because we both knew he was more than right.

I wasn't a horrible person but I certainly didn't follow anyone else's rules which tended to be a bit grating on other people, I knew I also came across a little strong to people who didn't know me or to people who weren't in the mood to tolerate me- generally why people very often chose to avoid me but it was fun.

"Happy birthday Hasley" I pull on a smile as I grab the small cardboard box out of my shirt pocket that I had been carrying around for the entire day "Catch" I throw it to her, instantly realising that was one of the stupidest things I could have done.

Luckily she quickly reacts, lets Dominic go and catches the box with raised eyebrows "If this is any sort of bug I will kill you".

"Speaking from experience about that killing thing, aren't we?" I joke, my lips curling up into a smirk as she pokes her tongue out at me before looking back down to the box.

She pops it open and slides the contents into her hand and widens her bright green eyes at the sight of the gem stone bracelet that falls out "Where did you get this from?" She almost sighs out at me.

"I know people" I wiggle my eyebrows with a shrug "Nah, I'm kidding I just asked Jewels to get it for me".

"Thank-you Miles" she beams, realising Dominic was edging away silently she grabs his hand and yanks him back "And Thank-you Xander because I know it was your idea" she then turns to the dark haired boy who nods and it wasn't as if I could argue because it was all his idea he just would never take any credit for it.