14- More That Meets The Eye

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I traipse up the stairs and straight into my room, closing the door quietly behind me.

I groan once I see Miles asleep on his bed, still in the clothes he wore earlier.

"Damn it, the one time you're asleep is also the one time I'm about to apologise to you for you being a bitch" I whisper to myself frustratedly.

I slump down on my bed dramatically with a sigh to go with it.

I tie my hair up with the hair tye I had around my wrist into a messy bun on top of my head.

I few loose stands fall onto my face and I brush it quickly behind my ear as I rest my head back on the wall behind me.

My eyes were heavy, I knew it was because since I've been here I haven't been getting much sleep and I kind of wanted to close my eyes and sleep forever.

I don't lie down though, I stay sitting and watch more loose strands of white hair fall out of my hair band and blow them away.

I hear Miles kick the wall next to him, he moved a lot in his sleep as he tossed and turned on top of his covers.

I wince at how much that must of hurt though, he booted that wall pretty well.

He wasn't a calm sleeper at all, he was about as active as he was awake.

I close my eyes but as I do I hear a sharp breath, with fright I jump up and my foot was was wrapped around the covers pulls back and I slip off my own bed.

With a thud I land on the wooden floor, one of my legs still on my bed.

"Ouch" I say with a huff of stoning pain in my cheek.

I push myself up quickly and jump to my feet, pulling most of my cover down with me as well.

I look to the closed door then Miles but this time he held a grimace look of pain, one hand to his gut although he was asleep.

He breathed a lot more deeply then before, I could see the sweat on his forehead.

With wide eyes I shuffle over to him putting a hand to his shoulder, he flinched at my touch.

I instantly retract my hand, dropping it to my side along with the other with a scared look.

"Miles?" I say quite loudly, I knew he was having some sort of nightmare and I just wanted him to wake up now.

He didn't though, his body was tense and he still he clenched his stomach for no reason.

"Miles" I drop to my knees in front of him, shaking him and again he draws back at my feeling of my hands.

None of my attempts woke him but after a few seconds he springs up, bringing his hand straight up to his head as squeezes his eyes shut.

"W-" I go to say but stop, he knew I was there but was purposely ignoring me.

He was visibly shaking but every time I made a movement he trembled again in some way.

With a clenched jaw he pushes himself off his bed and past me, I stand again silently as he does.

He doesn't even glance at me as he starts walking towards the door but his clenched jaw changed into a frown.

"Miles don't ju-" I say and that's when he finally turns around.

"What?" He questions "I don't need you to laugh at me".

"What would I be laughing at?" I question quietly, confusion still obviously lacing my voice.