13- One Long Night

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

Once we get back into our room I immediately crash down onto my bed, my legs were shaking and my head was aching.

I feel the knife pressing into my side, I don't know why he gave it to me but I could tell it was something more than just not being able to hide three.

Miles walks across the room, towards the window and grabs the small green box.

He drops the green knife in and puts the old box back in the exact space he had taken it from.

"Do you ever actually use..." I trail off as I speak, gesturing to the box containing the drugs I'd found previously.

He brushes me off with a small shrug, it wouldn't surprise me if he did but I was getting sick of all the dodges of my questions.

"You don't need to lie, I don't even give a shit" I say as I roll onto my back, folding my arms onto my chest.

"I'm not lying, how can I be lying if I don't say anything?" He asks, dropping down onto his own bed.

"That's the point, you hide pointless secrets" I state honestly, I was going to find out things sooner or later and I would rather they came from him.

The thing I hate most from anyone is being lied to, and that includes conveniently brushing me off with shrugs and snappy answers.

"I don't have to answer your questions if I don't want to" he says very simply, tone still quiet and calmer than I would have expected.

"I never said you did but whatever things your not telling me now I'm going to find out later so there's no point buying time" I roll my eyes with a breath of a sigh.

"This isn't just about the drugs, is it?" He catches on, if there was one thing you couldn't fault Miles on it was his observation.

"I don't know" I say almost too quickly but it was honest, it felt like there was something more to Miles that I had yet to out my finger on and that it was like a constant itch, the puzzle that had yet to be figured out.

"I'm not hiding anything Ivy, you're being paranoid" he tells me, causing me to sigh again.

I wasn't, at least I didn't think I was but in a place like this you can't help but finding yourself wondering who did what, where and how.

"I don't know if it's escaped you mind but we're both hiding something, we're bad people" I say quietly.

After a moment of hesitation he finally responds with "I'm not proud of what I did but I don't regret it but you do".

I just stare at him with a slightly open mouth for a second, did he even know what he was on about?

I manage to muster out a "huh?"

"You basically walk around with the word 'guilt' written over your forehead" he tells me.

I find myself shaking my head, I didn't have a response for his comment.

I felt bad for what I did, everyday a reminder crept into my mind but I never would of thought people would of been aware of it.

I push myself up from my bed without a second thought, I needed to get out of here before I said something I'd regret.

"Iv-" I hear him say before I swing open the door and rush out.

I didn't know where I was going but I end up skipping down the stairs.

I open the kitchen door, at the end of the stairs, with my arm and laugh at a familiar face.

"How come every time I see you, you're in the kitchen?" I say to Xander who sits at the counter.