20- Weird

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I had fallen asleep at some point, a weird, awkward sleep right at the end of my un-made bed.

I slowly pick up my head and use the frame to sit myself up, scanning the empty room around me with irritation clear on my face.

With a blank expression I just curl back into the ball I had been in, my wild white hair hiding my face.

It was still dark outside, for once the house was silent and I just wanted to stay here for as long as I could... which didn't end up lasting for very long.

A knock at the door arrives right on que, but I don't force myself up but rather roll my eyes and shout an annoyed "yes?"

"You two have to come down stairs, meet the new guy" Nico yells through the door, with what sounded like a laugh.

At the mention of 'you two' my eyes dart across the room, Miles was no where to be seen.

"Uh-" I note the silence "Yeah sure, we'll be right down".

I hear her walk away as I force my tired body up and off my bed, taking a second to shake the dizziness out of my head.

I change into my last pair of clean clothes, during the time I had been here the laundry had been done all of twice yet no one could ever be bothered to even go near the box we all shoved our clothes in.

Grabbing the cuffs off where they were left on the floor, my eyes flicker towards the open window and an involuntary groan escapes me.

"Not again" I strech out my words as I lean out to take a look first, down to the concrete floor below then up to the bright blue sky shining over me.

I shove the metal 'bracelets' in my back pocket of my high waisted jeans and craw out, death gripping the window frame as I stand.

After the few trips I'd had up here I was beginning to get over the wobbly legs and racing heart as I simply push the thoughts of the impeding drop behind me to the back of my mind and hoist my body up to the next level.

Surely enough, the blonde haired boy lay on his back as he admired the few clouds in the almost empty sky today, one arm streched across his chest.

"Hey" I greet him quietly as I drop down, cross legged beside him.

He nods after a spilt second glance, "if Jewels had the key why didn't she just give it to us in the first place?" Randomly leaves his mouth.

I question I had been consistently asking myself, but instead of answering with the few ideas I'd ended up with I shrug slowly.

Idea 1: some sort of punishment for something, whether it be for me or Miles it was a good way of resulting in discipline.

Idea 2: to get a point across, I wasn't sure what points she could be trying to push on us yet, but that was probably my best guess.

Idea 3: she didn't know she had the key or assumed Rowan had taken it without a proper check.

Idea 4: she just hates me, the world and everyone in it simply hates me.

He sighs with another stiff nod, pushing himself up with both arms; which gives me a sneaky look at his arm.

His jumper wasn't plastered in blood any longer, he must have washed it last night, and with his sleeve pulled down there was no indication of last night's events.

It was weird, he was weird, this place was weird, everything was so damn weird... but I had a hard time pin pointing exactly what was weird about it.