{Chapter 17}

A few days he would bring people in, others he would just stay inside his room.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
-2 YEARS LATER-

It had been two years since Chanyeol and Baekhyun had married and were King's. Apparently they made a good impact in their kingdom. The financial system had risen up for the kingdom and was beyond good. It was perfect. Things for the married couple took a turn though.

Baekhyun was in a hospital bed. Nine months had passed. Yet he still hadn't woken up. The last time he opened his eyes was before the car accident that lead Baekhyun to a coma and lead Chanyeol to becoming unconscious for three days.

Before the accident, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun still hadn't learned to love each other. Chanyeol stopped bringing people into their room a month after their honeymoon. Baekhyun and Chanyeol wouldn't talk to each other much unless it was forced. They would talk about how they could make the kingdom even better then what it was already but no more no less when they were inside, without cameras and reporters.

Chanyeol was currently sitting in a chair that was next to Baekhyun's bed. If the heart monitor wasn't beating, everyone that went into the room would think Baekhyun was dead. His breathing was very quiet and it was hardly noticeable. His chest wouldn't really move when he breathed. It was just flat. His face remained the same throughout the nine months he had been in the hospital. Not even his hair dared to change.

Throughout the nine months Baekhyun had been in a coma, Chanyeol had learned to appreciate Baekhyun more. Even if they wouldn't talk outside of the kingdom's economy, Baekhyun's bickering was missed by the taller man.  There was never a day where Chanyeol wasn't sitting beside Baekhyun's bed. Inspecting Baekhyun's face. Inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter. He knew every single feature of Baekhyun's face like the back of his hand. In his mind, Baekhyun looked beautiful while sleeping.

He wondered why he had never though of Baekhyun like that. He regretted everything he did to Baekhyun when they were barely married. It wasn't love what Chanyeol had for Baekhyun, at least not yet. It was more of a liking, but with time maybe it could become a loving. He had kissed Baekhyun every single time in his forehead or cheek but he never brought himself to kiss Baekhyun's lips. It wouldn't have felt right for him to do so. Even if they were married, Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun to be conscious when they had their first kiss, if they would even have it.

Throughout the nine months Baekhyun had been in coma, Chanyeol didn't develop depression since he still didn't have hardcore feelings for Baekhyun. But he did develop a liking for the shorter male, that was currently laying on a bed with only the heart monitor to reassure Chanyeol that he was still alive.

Chanyeol knew that at any given moment, Baekhyun's heart could stop. The heart monitor could just stop beeping at a constant rate and just give a long beep, clearly informing people around that there was no more beating in the heart. Chanyeol felt regretful. Knowing something like that, scared him. He believed it wasn't because he loved him, but more of a because 'I would miss him...a lot '

For the next few months, the days went exactly like that. A cycle of repeating the progress that had been done the day before. To others, days like this would've been extremely boring, but to Chanyeol, after a long day working for the kingdom, the part he enjoyed the most was watching Baekhyun's face intensely.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N Jello~ everyone, I know that this chapter was definitely not what you guys would've probably  expected, I'm sorry for that. I was actually just gonna end up having this book turn into a tragedy and have Baekhyun die....but that's when I came back the  my senses and was like 'tf you doing now?! That C4 you took for boost up is damaging your brain' Anyways, I'm very proud of this chapter though. I mean there wasn't really dialogue in here and I swear I tried very hard to be deep. It's not like "10080" type of deep since not even in my dreams can I reach that type of depth.

So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment I will appreciate it a lot. LIKE A LOT. And I'm sorry for the short chapter, and for the like plot twist.