4: Blurred Vision

Blurred Vision

I woke up in a fuss, my vision was blurred from viewing any objects within my range, and I felt a sharp searing pain cringe within my arm.

"Are you awake dear?" I heard a woman's voice say. I looked over as best as I could to see the vague shape of her silhouette. I responded to her with was a faint groan of displeasure.

"I'm going to flush your eyes out alright?" I didn't realize it but my eyes were covered in blood I couldn't see anything. But soon the stranger came back to cleared my vision and fix my burnt arm.

"I'm sorry to say but that will leave a scar on your arm for life."

Was she even allowed to say this to me? The nerve!

"At least I'm not dead!" I responded back to her looking her straight in the face. The woman lost her enthusiasm as she worked away at clearing the large shards of broken glass out of my arm. I sat still and tried to remember what happened and suddenly the thought of Oscar flashed into my mind.

"Oh my god!" I ripped my charred arm away from the woman, not really caring if she finished or not, and stood up. Emergency was running around trying to help everyone that was injured I was frantically looking for my new friend. But looking through the broken train rubble was a challenge.

I lifted large metal sheets with every ounce of strength I had within me, I had to hold my breath the majority of the time to avoid the revolting smell of engine fluids, sadly I found nothing. Many people were being taken away on beds so I searched through the smog of the crash for the ambulances until I found Oscar sitting on the back of a stretcher getting bandages and fluids hooked up to his arm.

"Oscar!" I ran up to him wrapping my arms around his neck in a jolt. His groan indicated the pain I was putting him in.

"Hey! Please back up miss." A man began to warn me.

"No no no you don't understand this is my frien-" I took a step forward to Oscar.

Please miss! Someone take her away!" The man pushed his hand into my stomach shoving me back effortlessly despite my efforts to stay next to Oscar.

Before I knew it two men had my arms pinned to the ground. I was so scared more people here spoke Swedish than English and I didn't have the brain power to make sense of anything they were saying.

And with that I passed out.