28: I Spy

"I warned Kale that we will not be going to WOD today." Daff said.

Kale was honestly the least if our worries.

Felix and Omar walked out of their rooms to join us in the living room.

"Felix and I have decided to hold a memorial for Oscar at sunset tonight."

OG and I nodded together.

Today was the most beautiful day in California, but nothing was nice enough to motivate me.

I slouched with OG on the couch and watched Spongebob reruns until the day went through.

Eventually the sun began to set and we headed towards the ocean.

We all dressed in white and stood in the water’s edge.

"Oscar." Felix started. "You were my best friend, I can't imagine my life have turning out any better without you in it. You really helped me find myself and I thank you for that."

He walked deeper into the water and released a large flower into the ocean.

"Oscar, you were my first love, My hopes, dreams, family, has completely changed since I met you. However far apart we are now, you completed me."

I let the current float my legs deeper into the water and released the petals through my fingers.

The rest of our crew said their goodbyes. Nothing was as painful to express at this moment.

Our bodies had become dry from the sea water and crying every last tear we could fester up in our heads.

The sun was setting behind the horizon now.

OG wrapped his arms around me. “I will protect you." He whispered. This only made me cry harder.

"Guys it's going to be dark soon, we should walk home since we still have sunlight."

OG helped Felix and I to our feet and we headed home.

*.*.*.*

"Guys? why won't this door open?" I heard Omar ask from the hallway.

"Why does it matter?" I questioned, this was barely the time to be thinking about a stupid door. "Just pull on it harder." I answered.

"No... come here, it's more than locked. It feels glued to the frame."

I pulled myself off of the couch to join Omar at the door. He presumed pulling it as he was before, he was right. The middle section if the door bent and shifted towards Omar as he pulled but the edges didn't budge.

"That's weird...” OG commented. He put his ear to the door.

"Hey, listen it sounds like there are machines running behind this door."

I followed his instructions. The door was cold; a draft of wind tickled my toes at the base. I could hear machines chugging away through the wood.

Emm... feel this door guys, it's not even made out of wood."

OG rested his fingers against the flat surface.

"You're right, this door is plastic."

"Well that should be easy enough." Felix said guiding me out of the way. He raised his leg and kicked the door as hard as he could.

"Felix! What the hell ma-"

He ignored my attempts to stop him and carried on busting the door until it snapped in half breaking to the ground.

Inside the room small light was blinking against the darkness. OG pulled a cord to turn on the inside light.

"What is that?"

"It's a computer, a huge computer." Omar answered. He walked into the room.

"Why would Kale not tell us about this room? I didn't even know it was here."

Felix sat down in the computer chair and booted up the screen.

"There are Old WOD files... from 2004 and other useless stuff."

Look more; there might be something of value in here." I stumbled around all the loose machinery and sat on Felix's lap to control the computer.

"Look these files are from this year."

"Why would Kale store these in our house?" OG questioned looking around. "He has WOD headquarters that he could store everything at."

"Guys!" I shouted. "This file I called Fooo."

"Well click it." Felix encouraged.

I opened the file and video clips exploded all over the screen.

"Are these our rooms?" Felix asked squinting at the screen.

"Yes, see this is your suitcase." I answered pointing out to all the articles of clothing I could Identify. "Omar run to your room for me, grab your cologne on your dresser."

He nodded and left for his room. Sure enough he showed on the screen grabbing his cologne.

"Kale is filming us in this house."

"Why?" OG asked.

"I don't know...” I searched further into the Fooo file.

"None of this is making sense." I shook my head.

"I'm going to go call Katia and let her know, I'm sure she will know what to do." OG told me and left the room.

I opened another file to see a blank screen loading. Suddenly words began to appear

Hello

Hey Katia its OG

What’s up

Could you plea...

"Oh my god! Felix he is recording our phone calls too! OG! HANG UP THE PHONE!" I bounded out of the room and stole the phone from him and hung it up on an instant.

"Kale records ever move we make here! That’s why he gave us this house!" I shouted to OG.

"Alisha! Come here!" Felix shouted back from the hallway.

OG and I leaped around the living room back to the computer room.

"What did you find?"

Felix began clicking buttons playing edit clips from the Swedish News broadcast.

"The News story of Oscar dying was a Hollywood actress and a recording. See? Here she is practicing her lines." Felix played through the clips of the brunette messing up her lines and attempting to fix them.

"I don't understand how she can repeat these words and act like it is normal." I starred at the screen disgusted with the face that looked back at me.

"Yea, you would be surprised what people will do for money." Omar answered, he was just as furious as I was. His hands were closed into tight fists along with his jaw tensing and releasing over and over again.

"Alisha, Kale set this all up." Felix looked up at me with eyes filled with terror. "Kale set this whole fucking thing up!" He stood up and threw the chair against the wall leaving a dent.

"What the hell Felix?!" OG screamed at him. He just stared back at him.

"Don't you get it OG? This was all set up! This is fake!" He shot his hand straight out towards the screen pointing at the reporter. "Oscar isn't dead."

**********************************************************************

Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

I hope you are all having an awesome holiday!

What did you think of the chapter? Make sure you comment it really helps with the making of this book!

Tills nästa gång!