13: Safe and Sound

I woke up to the sound of a beeping machine, my arms were attached to a bunch of wires, I looking quite like a project you would see at a science fair. But not for long, I pulled out the IV setting myself free and the machines began to flat line which started a commotion with a few nurses.

"Sweetie please lay down." A woman asked me and pushed me back onto the bed.

"No this is ridiculous! I can't stay here!" It took a struggle for me to free my arm but all that hard work was suddenly lost when Omar came running into the room and pushed me down hard into the bed.

"I'm not staying here God damn it!"

"Alisha stop!"

...

There was silence, and stillness within the room not even background noises could fill the empty space. Omar's voice was grand and deep and startled anyone within close proximity.

"You need to stay here and heal." I sat back and reflected on what he said but nothing came to mind.

"What the fuck happened?" Words could not explain how cross I was to be in this situation. I hated looking weak lying in a bed where people had to bring me everything because I couldn't get it myself.

"You and Felix ditched school and went cliff jumping, I think you jumped and hit your head underwater but luckily water patrol saw you and called an ambulance to take you away."

"Haha Felix?" I laughed, why would Felix and I go cliff jumping in the middle of class?

"Yes, He is here if you want to talk to him."

"Yes please." I sat up in my bed and crossed my legs, with this action came a sharp searing pain within the base of my spine all the way up to my forehead forcing a headache.

The room had cleared once Felix presented himself at the door. He walked in and made sure to close the door behind him.

"Can you tell me what happened? I don't remember."

He sat on a chair beside my bed and held my hand. I flinched because there was no reason for him to do that, but I didn't pull away.

"You and I were at school and you wanted to ditch so I decided to take you to the cliff side and we jumped into the ocean." a smile crept along his face. "Along with other things." he crawled up onto my bed and sat cross-legged opposite of me.

"The water was so cold but you liked it. So we went up to the top again and- ." He leaned in quick and planted a kiss on my lips.

"What are you doing?!" I pushed him away; it wasn't like that at all between us.

His face became blank with confusion. "You don't remember?"

I scooted my bum back against the wall as far away from him as I could. I felt like some of my innocence was suddenly taken away from me.

I shook my head and began to explain "I remember sitting in history class when the bell rang and we began class."

"That's it?" He looked really hurt because I apparently missed something. It took me a minute to calm myself back down; my heart machine was racing but slowly reducing to a normal pace.

Felix stood up without looking at me "I'll see you later."

"Did I say something wrong?" but he left without saying another word. He didn't finish telling me what happened. He just left before I had a chance to ask him any questions about what happened.

The nurses came back into my room and checked my machines and gave me a full body examination.

"We noticed that you have an allergic reaction to the Morphine so we have to give you other medicine for pain killers OK Hun? But this medicine has side effects." The nurse explained as she placed the medicine in my tube that she replaced in my arm. "You may experience some hallucinations; but if you need anything just hit the doctor button and I will come to help you."