36: Urgent Matters

"What does it say?" I pressured him. He reluctantly presumed watching his phone as three other message bubbles appeared with text.

"The trial was held about two hours ago, but the case was adjourned until next week? What?"

"Shit!" I whispered to myself.

"What does that even mean?" Oscar's face scrunched up all disgusted to the point where I could resemble what he was going to look like once he reached old age.

"In American language that basically means the judge has not reached a decision yet so he has planned another court date until our call is answered."

I could feel the defeat from Oscar as he understood what I was saying. He began to shake his head in annoyance.

"Let's just go to bed, we can deal with this in the morning." He grumbled and turned away to the other direction.

"You weren't exactly there Oscar, Kale terrorized us all. He broke into our studio, he spied on us. You even know! He found you inside the studio didn't he?"

Oscar and I had never spent any time to speak about that night; it was still a taboo subject between the two of us. This was however, not the time to ignore something that must be discussed. We had to be strong.

"I'm sure he himself wasn't there to confront you; but someone found you that night. Kale must have paid a pretty penny to get someone to do such a thing to you. Same with the girl who faked the news report that you were dead."

Oscar was quiet while I spoke until I paused waiting for his response.

"That actually happened?"

"Yes, it did." I said strongly. "I refuse to let that bastard believe even for a second that he has won this battle. I'll be fucking force feeding him my shoe soles before he ever lays a finger on me. Or you. Or anyone else!"

He didn't answer; I saw his eyelashes blinking at the wall so I knew he was awake. He just didn't want to argue with me.

I returned my gaze to his phone looking over the words, even though they made no sense to my head.

I seriously had to pick up on my Swedish. I felt like I had a disorder not being able to communicate the same way as the rest of the gang was able to.

My phone lit up on my side of the bed as well, Kaela was calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Congratulations on the baby! Is it a boy or girl?"

"Thanks and a boy, Sebastian. How did you know? I didn't tell anyone.

"So? The whole world knows! It's hard to avoid actually."

None of this was making any sense in my head. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You must know by now!" Her voice filled with sarcasm.

"Emm... actually I don't I have a lot on my plate right now, sorry."

"Well the case with the World of Dance and The Fooo are hitting newspapers all over the world! It's crazy!"

My stomach dropped.

"People are looking everywhere for you." Kaela continued. "I can't believe you didn't know that yet."

Two more texts ringed through Oscars phone in Swedish, my name mentioned at least three times in each. This was all happening so fast.

"Kaela I am in a hospital... people are crawling all over this building. Never mind how am I going to get to the USA for this trial without getting caught?" I glanced over at Oscar he had fallen asleep taking all the blankets as he usually did. This would keep me freezing all through the night. Later he would make sure to apologize and kiss me until I forgave him.

"I know, you have to be extremely careful because Police are patrolling for you. I don't know why they have not checked the hospitals yet but. Don't expect the police to avoid them much longer."

I was completely stuck, bedridden, a new mother, I had a trial in a country I couldn't reach because I had so much old business from running away from my parents. A father who didn't want to leave the country, and on top of that Kale was still on the loose!

"Alisha." Kaela interrupted my spinning out of controlled thoughts. "I have a plan for you. But you are going to have to listen carefully."