34: Guess What

"Salmon on vegetables please."

The waiter returned my request with a nod. "Sure thing." With that he left to retrieve our meals.

"So Katia, what is the plan so far?" Daff questions resting on his elbows in the booth we were all squished into. Daff had to pick the busiest place to go out for a casual meal.

"Well, we leave Tuesday night to California and our court date is at 15:00 on Wednesday."

Daff nodded as if he had a clue, he never planned anything we were doing. I don’t understand why he was suddenly so interested.

Wait... what!? I pulled out my doctors notes from my pocket to view the dates of my appointments;

Alisha Crue

Birth: (07/06/97)

Sex: Female

Stomach Surgery: (11/02/14)

Prepared Delivery: (19/02/14)

I was scheduled to deliver my baby next Wednesday!

"What is that?" Oscar and Omar chimed together. The papers in my hands began to shake.

"Nothing! I emm... I have to use the washroom." I excused myself from the table.

"What the hell did I just do!?" I shouted at my reflection in the mirror. So much for keeping this whole thing a secret!

A woman walked out of a stall in the far corner if the room and slowly left without disturbing me, she might as well thought I was crazy. I am sure I looked the part.

My brain began to wander as I stood facing the mirror; my hands naturally guided to protect my stomach, it was a habit now. There was no way I could hide this baby from the guys for much longer; it was apparent through my actions that I even acted like I had a child.

My eyes welled and I ran into the empty stall against the wall.

"Alisha!" Omar bursted into the washroom to kneel by my side. "What is going on?" The frantic look on his face only worked me up more until I couldn't see.

"Omar! This is the woman's washroom!" Katia stormed in her voice echoed in the small room.

Her boots stomped on the ground hard echoing until she followed the open stall.

"Hey are you ok?" I couldn't answer her I had to focus on calming myself from the tizzy I worked myself into.

I eventually was able to breathe normally again, I could feel tears drying off of my face, my heart beating in my chest, also movement from deep within my core.

"Hey!" I sprung back to life shocking Omar and Katia; I took their hands and placed it along this side of my stomach.

Katia's face lightened up, it was odd seeing her smile because she rarely did, but it was really nice to see.

"It's moving!" She covered her mouth.

Omar on the other hand looked horrified; in fact his hands began to shake against my body.

"Omar." I smiled at him. "I am pregnant." A grin quickly spanned across his face.

"What! No way, you don't look pregnant!" He began moving around me to view a side shot of my stomach.

"I know, but don't tell anyone please? I want to tell everyone myself."

Omar nodded and helped me to feet.

"I am so happy for you!" He cheered; he threw himself on me in a hug.

"Thanks! haha, we should go back to the table though, before the boys get anxious."