35: When Push Comes to Shove

The long night alone was brutal; it started out in the couch of the studio. Where else was I going to go? But of course, I was getting to the point in my pregnancy where it was too difficult to lay down and get up that far.

My whole body was in pain, as if I had cramps from working out too fast which put every muscle in my body to a standstill.

This couldn't be the place I had to stay.

I struggled my way off of the couch collecting my bags to leave for Oscar's house. I would probably have better luck sleeping there.

Interestingly, looking around the studio Oscars belongings were scattered everywhere. There were things like his toothbrush and some phone chargers lying around. Things he would need for the trip he left behind.

I took a step back to think, I also remember packing the car with only five suitcases... But if there was The Fooo and Katia and Daff. I should have packed six bags.

Walking down the chilly empty streets of Stockholm was really nerve racking, the rain made my nerves stand on point.

Sometime later, I had gotten off the train on the street where the candy store stood. I had the strangest feeling that I was being followed.

Continuing along the road this feeling became stronger and stronger. A dark figure of hysteria behind me was slowly catching up to my pace.

"Damn!" I bolted away as fast as my short pregnant body could take me until I entered the candy shop.

The owner of the store greeted me as I walked in; and the atmosphere completely changed. "Chilly outside is it not?"

"Freezing." I weakly replied, my fingers were too cold to even function properly to close the front door behind me.

"Here, take this." The old lady handed me a coffee she had been brewing. "It's extra, and will help him and yourself stay warm."

This comment made me pause in my tracks. "Excuse me?"

She raised her eyebrows as she pointed to my stomach.

"You must keep your child warm." she encouraged placing the drink in my hands.

"But you just said him-" I pointed down to my stomach, but the woman refused to listen to me.

"Trust me, it'll do you good." She helped me carry my bag up the stairs to the entrance of the house. Was it that easy now to tell I was pregnant?

Surprisingly the door to the front of Oscar's house was unlocked and I could enter right inside.

"Hello?" I called out but heard no response accept the echoing of my voice against the dark walls of the entrance.

The apartment windows had still been open from earlier in the morning when the sun was warm. I am sure Oscar's mother had forgotten to cover them once the sun had set. However, closing them was quite a task when you fought against the winds of the night. They made a loud creaking noise when the hinges sorely clicked together.

This event was loud enough to wake up Oscar's Mother.

"Oscar, what are you doing home?" I heard a tired raspy voice pronounce behind me.

"Emm... I am sorry to wake you Svena; but I don't have a place to stay, I was wondering if I could crash here for the night?"

She revealed herself from the darkness trudging around the living area to her lazy chair.

"You know you left the windows open? The horrible windows outside could cost your heating bill a fortune."

"Oh! I had completely forgotten. You see Oscar is usually here to help me." She closed her eyes and stiffly rested her back aligned with the chair.