7: The Next Day

The Next Day

The next day came quick. My only focus was spending time with Kaela and OG after school.

I began my day on the train as I would for the next year and headed to school.

"Hey!" OG greeted me as soon as I walked into the building.

"You brought dance clothes right?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because! We're all going to party tonight! woot woot!" He made a peace sign with his fingers and went off to class. He was never a guy of many words.

I started to head off to class myself until I noticed a group of people all standing in a circle shouting like crazy for two people to fight in the middle. Out of curiosity I moved forward to get a better view but what can I do? I couldn't stop the fight I never had that much courage...but on the other hand why else did I move here?

"Hey stop!" I shouted and stood between the two people. It didn't take me long to notice that it was Kaela of all people on the ground behind me.

A larger girl with short blonde hair and a wide face came charging at me.

"Who do you think you are?" she looked at me like I was a piece of meat. My legs felt like jello but I somehow worked up an answer.

"There are better ways to solve your issues than to fight." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't push me Crue." She stepped forward to put her hand on me which sent me straight to panic mode because I knew I couldn't hit her back. I crouched down by her legs and wrapped my arms around them as tight as I could and lifted with all my might until she lost her balance and her head hit the lockers behind her.

"No pushing needed." I answered her back and left the hallways for my classroom making sure that Kaela caught sight of my disapproval. I couldn't believe she caught herself up in all of this and it was still the first week of school!

The rest of the day went by really fast. Ignoring Kaela gave me opportunities to talk to new people and I made a couple more friends. Just in time for the bell to ring.

"Ready to go?" OG had asked me as soon as we met up at the front of the school.

"Sure, is Kaela coming?" He frowned when I asked this.

"No she got suspended because of the fight today, you are lucky you didn't get suspended yourself! Not many people stop fights like that because they might get suspended.

"Well, all I did was stop it so I don't think they would have suspended me." OG and I hopped on to the train and headed to the dance studio.

"So when did you move here?" he asked. "I don't believe you were here last year.

" No I moved from London."

"Ahhhhh I see." He put his arm around me to tell me a secret.

"I hear London has the best fish and chips.

"That is very stereotypical but it is true." I answered with a smile. OG stood up and collected his bags.

"This is our stop, see the studio?"

We both entered the building and there was already music playing and two people dancing inside.

"Eyyo there's my bros!" One of them said as soon as he noticed we entered.

"Alisha this is Omar and Felix." Felix smirked at OG.

"Well done OG she's quite the catch."

"Shut up! We're just friends nothing like that." Felix turned around to grab a pile of clothes and when he turned around he gave OG the funniest look.

"I meant for our dance group." He looked at me and handed me the pile of clothes.

"Here, these are your dance shirts. I'm guessing you have pants and as soon as you change we can get started!"

"Thank Felix." I walked around him to the change room in the back room making sure I gave OG a look. He turned bright red from embarrassment.

I walked through the back hallway and turned the handle for the change stall but it wouldn't budge. Someone else was trying to open it, so I let the door be and it opened.

"Oh hey Alisha!" It was the most beautiful human being I have ever seen.