Junior Year

Callie's pov
3 months after "the incident"
September
Today when I got to school I was extremely tired. I had stayed up all night watching reruns of Teen Wolf because my homework kept me up until 2 so I said fuck it and I just watched Teen wolf for the rest of the night. When I  heard a familiar car pull into my driveway I immediately stuffed the rest of my waffle in my mouth and ran into the driveway. "Hey" I said as I kissed the boy right next to me on the cheek. "Good morning to you too" he said laughing. "So what happened to you?" He asked "you know just typical me I guess" "well I bet your boyfriend can't wait to see you like this" Mason said laughing. "He's seen me like this" "definitely not" "whatever". After we got out of his car and made our way into school. When we got inside we parted and I made my way to my locker. When I turned on my phone to find my locker combination, my phone had a picture of this summer, when everything was just perfect the way it was. When Olivia didn't move to Nevada, when Blake and I had all the time in the world to hang out, and when Hunter and I still talked. Hunter and I haven't talked since the incident. He's been isolated to himself. Luke, Liam, and Parker have tried to help him but he just pushes them away just like he's been doing to everyone else. Austin and him haven't talked either but it's been more depressing to know that because they were best friends. It's sad because I've never heard the reason why they stopped talking. "Day 16 of junior year" I heard someone whisper and when I turned to the side it was the predictable Blake Gray. "Hi" I said grabbing his hand. "Are you okay? You look sick" "no I just didn't get a lot of sleep but I'm okay" "okay because our 1st game is tonight" "don't worry I know, I mean all of your games are on Friday nights" "oh yeah and I like your shirt" he said pointing at his jersey that I was wearing. After the bell rang. "Well I'll see you in 7th period babe" "can't wait" I said blowing a kiss sarcastically. When I was walking in the hall to 1st period I saw an unexpected person. I ended up seeing Hunter in the hallway for the first time since that night. He casually looked at me and kept waking. I could tell he was depressed. Hunter wasn't usually the depressed type until now. Nowadays he is losing everything. "He lost his quarterback position to a senior Wes, a teacher pulled up grades on his computer and he accidentally pulled up an email from Hunter's mom that was talking about Hunter failing 3 of his classes, and his mom started a new job and she spends around 12 hours at her job so he doesn't see her much anymore. I felt really bad for him and I wanna help him but I feel like he would just push me away. Since Joey moved back to Arizona he's tried to get Hunter to go to his mom who is a therapist but he's just been ignoring him. I feel like it's all my fault. I should've told everyone about Blake and I instead of hiding it. I thought hiding it would be the best solution so nobody got hurt but instead everyone found out and got hurt. Dylan and Josh are still best friends which is good but sometimes he talks about how Hunter is doing and how he's struggling. Blake and I have been thinking of ways to go and apologize but we know he's still gonna be mad either way.

When I got to class I sat next to "Lily's boy" Michael. They've been hanging out since he came during the middle of year last year and I think they definitely have something going on. "Hey" "hi" "so you and.....-" "no, I'm telling you I'm not gonna make a move until I'm ready to make a move" "and when will that be?" "Whenever I realize that I have stronger feelings for her other than just being friends" "cmon you should of felt that the day you met her" "listen this is not gonna be a Alex and Austin love story" "I wish it would be" I mumbled "look I like her but-" "but what!" "Hold on, but just as a good friend" "a good friend you have feelings for?" "No just a good friend" "whatever you'll realize that you want her someday" "in your wildest dreams Mitchell" "okay Anderson".

After we talked class got really boring and our teacher started talking about some randoms bringing corn to other people or something. I was too tired to concentrate. After the bell rang and I went class to class almost falling asleep in each class until 7th period. It was Math and I loved it because Blake was there. He was usually the loudest in the class. He intentionally speaks really loud to annoy the teacher even though she doesn't realize it. The sad part is that we don't sit next to each other but he usually talks across the room to talk to me. When class was over he grabbed my hand and we walked out to his car. "So is it okay if we don't hang out today? I mean it's the first game and we wanna start off with a win" "yeah I get what you mean, I'm not mad at all you need to do your thing" "thanks for understanding babe" he said kissing my head really quick and then he walked back into the school.

After I just started to walk home from school when I heard a car behind me. "Hey do you want a ride" Austin asked. "Don't you have to be at school?" "Nah I'm just going home to get my gloves and stuff but I can definitely give you a ride home" "thanks" I said getting into his jeep. "So how was your day?" He asked. "Ehh it's school" "true but seriously how has your day been" "good I guess" "good" "how was yours?" "Great because the 1st game is today and Savannah made me brownies" he said grabbing one from the back seat. "You know she's required to do that each year for cheerleading?" "Yeah but these brownies are so fucking good" "yeah whatever" "if you want you can grab one" "thanks" I said grabbing one. "What the hell these are good!" "See I don't know what she put in these but whatever it is, it good af. so you know homecoming is in 3 weeks" "really?" "Yeah this year they pushed they day of it forward" "damn I guess I already have to get a dress" "that's if you can get a ticket, that sophomore class is huge" "we get tickets before them" "oh yeah never mind".

After driving and talking for a few more minutes I realized he passed my house. "Yo you know you passed my house right?" "Nope but I guess your gonna come to my house real quick to get my gloves from my room" "ugh". When he parked his car we both raced inside like we used to when we were kids. When we ran in Austin's little sister Maddie ran into his arms. "Austinnnnnn" she said in her little 3 years old voice. "Hi cutie" he said lifting her up. "Hiiii Callie!" She said "hi maddie" I said giving her a hug. "Hey Austin, hi Callie" his mom said walking out of the kitchen. "Hi Ms. Tyler" "remember what I told you last time and all the other times. Call me Elizabeth" she said laughing. "So What are you guys doing here?" "Oh I just came to pick up my gloves" Austin said running up the stairs "okay well if you guys are hungry there are snacks in the kitchen" "it's okay mom we're leaving anyway" "well okay I'll see you later Hun and see you soon Callie" "you too" I said closing the door. "Sorry I didn't realize she was working from home today" "that's okay, but you should probably drop me off before your late" "yeah".

After he dropped me off I listened to music, ate, and watched tv for awhile. After doing all of that it was 6:30 so I decided to head to the game. Just as I was leaving my sister came home. "Do you need at ride to the game?" "Yes please" I said getting into her car. When I got there Lily and Michael  were talking and she had his jersey on, which was really weird considering they weren't dating. I knew it was a friendship thing between them but I still wanted to annoy them about it. "Hey so it looks like you guys are together?" "Funny Callie but no we wanna be friendship goals" she said as he grabbed her and hugged her. "Goals af" I whispered and then I walked away. "Shut up Callie" they both said.
After I saw Blake walking around talking to some of his other friends and when he finished he came up to me. "Hey beautiful" "hi" I said blushing. "So are you ready to watch us crush Scottsville" "of course, well I don't want you to literally crush them because some of them are cute but crush them in the competitive way" "wow Callie" "but your the cutest" "aww thanks well I gotta go. Good luck kiss" "why not?" I said giving him a quick kiss. "Am I really the cutest?" He asked walking away "yeah, no" I mumbled so he couldn't hear me.

In the 1st quarter the score was tied 0-0, the 2nd quarter Scottsville was winning 14-3, after halftime Scottsville was winning 14-10 and now it's the last quarter and there were 30 seconds left and those 30 seconds were flying by fast. Wes passed the ball to Gabriel and Gabriel ran about 50 yards until he noticed Hunter in the end zone. Gabriel had thrown the ball right at Hunter and he had caught it, but then it slipped right out of his hands. "Damn it" I hard people say as everyone was leaving the stands.

After all of the boys went into the locker room and I was gonna talk with them but they were clearly mad so I left but before I left Wes tapped on me. "Hey Callie right?" "Yeah what's up?" "Are you busy tomorrow?" "Nope I'm all free" "can you do me a favor?" "Sure" "our football practice is here in the morning, so can you come?" "Why would you need me to come?" "We just need you there" "what's the catch?" "No catch just show up" "sounds good" "see you tomorrow" "yup". I'm not sure why they want me to go to the football practice tomorrow but I guess it's better than doing nothing.