Promise

"Mom do I have to go to school today?" "Yes, your father and I are trying to spend some time together at home before we have to go off again" "I know but you won't be home" "sorry kiddo, but you've been out a few times this year because of your illness and you can't afford anymore absences"

"Fine" I said throwing the wrapper of my granola bar in the garbage and walking outside to my car.

When I pulled up into the Parking lot Lily, Alex, and Julia were a standing next to my parking spot. "What are you girls doing here?" "We're being the best friends that we're supposed to be" Lily said. "Guys I told you, I'm gonna have to face everyone no matter what" "I know but we have to be there no matter what" Julia said as we walked inside.

When we walked in I got some stare downs from some girls that either dated J or wanted him. "Aye nice going" a few boys said walking up to me. "At least your getting the attention of some really cute guys" Alex pointed out. "Yeah I guess"

"Hey girls" Nick and Michael said passing by us. "You guys can leave if you want" I said referring to Julia and Lily. "No, we told you that we aren't leaving your side" "at least go say hi to them. It's my problem, I don't want you guys to change whatever you do just for me" "well I guess we should at least say hi, we'll be right back"

Alex and I continued to walk as the girls turned back to catch up with their boyfriends. "I swear they can't ever get away from them" Alex said laughing. "Well remember what they had to deal with when we had boyfriends" "yeah I guess they're the lucky ones" "nah we're just the girls boys like to lead on and then dump" "unfortunately"

"Hey Alex" Austin said following us. "What do you want Austin?" "We need to talk" "talk about what? "Saturday" "there's nothing to talk about" "Alex!" "Sorry cal let me get this out of the way and ill be right back" she said rolling her eyes at him.

Now I was living my worst fear. Being alone in a day like today. I was walked to my locker to get my stuff so that no one could just randomly start talking to me.

"Hi" I heard a voice say behind me while I was picking up my stuff. When I looked up it was Blake looking down. "Um hi" I said as we starred each other down awkwardly. "listen I know things are really awkward between us right now, but I told you I would be by your side and...." "it's okay, you don't have to do it. I just said what I had to say the other night and...." "and nothing a promise is a promise"

"Cal let's go" Alex said dragging me from my locker. "Whats up?" "Why we're you acting so awkward?" "I wasn't acting awkward" "stop lying" "I'm not, we just aren't on the best terms" "of course you aren't, you never are"

"Well if it isn't Joey's girl and Austin's slut" Ellie said walking by. "What do you want Ellie?" "You know what I want" "Well it's not my problem that he doesn't like you back" "First off that's not even what I'm talking about and second of all he does like me" "then what do I have to do with this?"

"I don't want Scott anymore, I want Blake" "Okay go for him I don't care" "You didn't let me finish. I want you to get Blake for me" "You're out of your mind" "not really, I'm sure the whole school would love to know about you getting mono from Parker Cartright"

"What are you talking about?" "Callie don't play dumb, you were supposed to be out for a few weeks according to the teacher, but you somehow got cleared and came back to school automatically". After she said that I immediately knew that Alex had said something when we weren't friends.

"And I'm sure everyone wants to know why you really moved here" "yeah because my dad switched jobs" "no it's because you were known as the slut who slept around and smoked weed with the boys just so that you could maintain your popularity after your boyfriend Scott broke up with you" "you don't know shit about me" "sorry that I know the truth" I said walking away.