Chapter 8 - Running

HEY! I am in a writing mood tonight, so far I have finished this chapter and I am half way through the next! :) Hope you enjoy! 

Harmonys POV

I finally stopped running, allowing exhaustion to take off I let my body fall down into the snow. With a deep breath smelling nothing around me for atleast a mile, content I had some space I laid my head down on my paws and let my mind take over. 'I cant believe he didnt follow us, or come after us.' I inwardly snarled, my wolf was hurt and confused, although I am to I had a different outlook on the situtaion to her. For her mates were something strong and something deep, when they met they were instantly connected, they were in love and they bonded. Carson ignoring us as such was something she didnt know how to deal with. I would normally block her out to think but I couldnt as long as I am in wolf form. So i did the only thing I could do, 'I know, we will be okay, we arent the first in the history to have a mate that dont want us,' I felt her pain tear through my chest and quickly changed my direction with my thoughts, 'but hey, he may be nervous or dont know how to act, give him time.' I felt her ease at my words though I didnt believe them myself.

Whats wrong with me? Why is he fighting so hard? UGHH I mentally kicked myself and dropped my head back down in the snow. Mental note, stay away from Carson!

Carsons POV

I stood there as long as I could, though it felt like hours, I am sure it was only a few minutes after Harmony left before I couldnt take it anymore. My hands shook with emotions and my breath was short and raspy, my wolf was holding strong on his word, he was literally kicking my ass inside out. He just dont understand, of course I care about our mate, but mates make you weak! I cant afford to be weak, I have worked so hard for everything in my life, to hard to just throw it away and go lovey dovey head in my ass mode. A snarl errupted in me and I reined in my thoughts, one thing is sure, my wolf is not going to let me be until I find her. To be honest, I was itching to go find her myself.

Quickly I stood and ran out of the lunch room, i felt Mike and Keith following behind me. When we came out the double doors into the cold air I stoped only for a moment, inhaling the air, taken in everything trying to pick up her scent. A low growl vibrated my chest when I realized it was no use, the slow but steady snow was covering anything that was here. 'Mike go right make a wide circle and meet at the territory line by the lake. Keith go left and do the same, I am headed straight to see if I can find anything in the grounds in the middle of the territory.' With a quick nod from both guys we were off, I felt my wolf raging to get out, to run and fly across the ground until her scent was around us. I held him in until we broke the tree line and were covered by the hoovering forest.

I jumped and landed on four black paws, a low howl errupted from my mouth as I tore across the ground, through the trees and over the snow. Harmony, where are you?

Harmonys POV

My eyes flew open when a sad howl filled the air and echoed off the trees around us. 'Mate, Carson, he is coming for us.' My wolf all but shouted at me, i jumped to my feet and fought an inner battle with my brain and my instincts. My head said hall ass and fast, but my wolf was pulling to run to her mate, he was coming after us, which in her book meant he had accepeted us. PATHETIC I growled to her, she wasnt very pleased but she shut up her whining and yipping. Doing the only thing my body would let me I looked for a place to hide, I couldnt run from my mate, no matter how I felt I knew that much. But i be damned if I run to him, so what was I suppose to do sit here and wait on him to come running to me? I doubt it, my eyes landed on a rock ledge a few yards away, quickly I made my way to it and lowered onto my belly, slowly dragging to the edge to overlook the ground below me. I could hear Carson coming closer, I could feel him, my body shivered and not from the cold. Suddenly my lungs were filled with his scent, i dropped my head to watch and kept in my whimper.

When Carson stepped out of the trees I felt my heart stopped, he stood tall, his black wolf was simply amazing, more so then I noticed before. I watched him as he stopped and sniffed the air, his head jerked up and I could sware his eyes landed on me, but he couldnt see me could he? Before I could decide he was off running again through the trees out of sight. A let out a breath, I felt relieved and yet, dissapointed. I was glad he didnt see me, but a part of me was hoping he would. I slowly stood and turned around. 'OH MY FREAKING GOD!' Me and my wolf screamed at the same time. If i were in my human form I truly would of screamed like a wuss on a scary movie. Carson stood only a few yards from me, his head down, his eyes burning into mine, his black hair stood out like a sore thumb to the white snow around him, his nose was covered in snow from him smelling the ground looking for me, that part made me want to laugh until my eyes landed on his again. I felt my body stiffened when a low rumble came in 'submitt' it was his commancd. Though my wolf screamed submittas he said,  I showed my teeth slightly and my hair stood up on my back.

Did I seriously just challenge an Alpha? I must be really losing it!!

I attached a photo of Carson in his wolf form when he scared Harmony and was demanding her to submitt! :) VOTE, FEEDBACK <3