Chapter 12 - Remembering

Harmony POV

"Harmony are you home?" I heard Sue holler from down stairs. Of course I was home, I havent moved off my bed since MIke and Keith escorted me here. I didnt have the energy to get up, the heart to move, my brain was on the brink of explosion with to much to think about. "Yeah I am up here!" I responded to her. I heard her footsteps coming up the stair and groaned outloud, I didnt want to see her or her to see me. I looked pathetic, crying over a guy I have known less then four days, we only exchanged maybe 50 words, but we shared a kiss. Oh an amazing kiss, and he was my mate. A mate that didnt want me, that made it a little different then just some school boy crush.

"Harmony dear are you okay?" I heard the worry in Sues voice as she snapped me out of my thoughts. I realized I was laying on the bed with a few hot tears running down my face from thinking. STUPID ARRONGANT MATE! I cursed him inwardly for making me feel like this. After the loss of my parents the one thing I truly held secret was hope for finding my mate, to be loved unconditionaly and loyaly like my parents. All that was now up in smoke and my last strand of hope was broke.

I attempted to suck it up I really did. But when Sue's arms came around me and she began to coo to me and rub my back, it reminded me to much of my mother and my loss. Tears seemed to flow freely down my face ignoring the fact I was biting my lip and begging them to stay back. My fight left me and I felt a sob rack my body. For the loss of my parents and my stupid mate.

"He dont want me, my own mate don't want me. What is wrong with me, what did I do to deserve this much loss."

I sobbed into Sue's shirt, she didnt answer, though I hadn't meant it as a question. She kept her arms tight around me, rubbing my back and shushing me like a child.

Carson POV

I walked through the woods still in wolf form aggrivated that I couldnt track down the scent from the strange wolf. Once I was sure it was off of my territory my wolf had began to beg and bug me to check on our mate, to make sure she was safe. Though I didnt completely disagree with him, I didnt agree either. Today had been a wake uip call, a memo on why I didnt want a mate, it had made me weak. I didnt care about my territory or my pack, my only concern was for Harmony and as Alpha I couldnt allow that. Saddness spread through me and gripped my chest at the thought of never having her, but I quickly shook it off.

I came to an abrupt stop and was snapped out of my thoughts when a low ferral warning growl reached my ears making my hair stand up. I sniffed the air and only smelled Mike, a few seconds passed and I took a couple steps forward when the growl reached my ears again, if possible it was lower and more ferocious then before. Again I checked to make sure it was only Mike around, nothing, all I smelled was Mike and Harmonys lingering scent from her house. 'Mike what the hell is going on?' I mind linked him, and stepped forward curious but still wary. 'STAY AWAY FROM HER." was the response I got.

A sudden rage went through me, how dare he tell me to stay away from my mate! I barely held back the rage to rip his throat out as I jumped the last steps and came out face to face to my Beta and best friend. I took him in and was more confused and angry, 'What is the matter with you?!" I almost roared through my mind link. Though he heard my alpha tone he lowered some but never stopped his snarl. Before I could teach him a lesson a heartbreaking sob reached my ears, mate. My heard myself whimper at the sound.

I wanted to run to her, to make sure she was okay. Anger flooded through me at whoever made her cry. Mike jerked my attention back to him when he again snarled at me, I seen he was standing to his full height no longer afraid of my Alpha tone. If he wasn't my best friend and my beta I would rip his head off his shoulders, but I dont have time for his shit right now. Someone was going to pay for making my mate pay.

'Get out of my way.' I snarled at him, he stood taller and blocked my path to her house completely. Her soft pitiful voice floated down to me from the window, "He dont want me, my own mate don't want me. What is wrong with me, what did I do to deserve this much loss." My heart stopped, she was crying over me, I had made her feel this way. A pain ripped through my chest making it hard to breath. Again I felt a whimper escape my lips and Mike quit growling he looked at me with sympathy in his eyes and a knowing look. He knew she was upset over me, damn how could I be so blind.

I suddenly felt like the odd man out and pain ripped through me as I heard her sob again, a heartbroken howl vibrated my throat as I sang out my pain. 'I am sorry little one.' I turned and ran through the woods putting space between us, it was the only thing I could do. There is no way I am ready for a mate, no matter how much I care but being around her made my heart long for her and all my goals seem so much less important.

Harmony POV

I heard a howl echo through my open window and knew it was Carson, my heart hammered in my chest, my feet moved instantly to the window. I seen his black dart into the woods. Mike stood in his wolf form watching until he turned to look back directly at me, I seen the hurt and sympathy in his face. He looked back to the woods where Carson had disapeared into before he looked at me one more time. Our gazes were locked and I could feel the pitty in his gaze before he broke eye contact and walked a little into the woods. Still in sight he laid down and continued to watch my house and window. I smiled a sad smile, atleast he cared, I couldnt help but be thankful for the guard even if it wasn't the wolf I wanted doing it.

Mike POV

I cant explain it to myself, I have never stood up to Carson not only because he is Alpha but because he is my best friend. We never faught, never had a reason to, we were more like brothers. I mentally kicked myself for threatening him like I did, but at the same time i know if I had to do it over, I would. Something about Harmony begged to be protected, I couldn't place it, but something about her nagged me, almost a familar feeling. I let out a snort into the snow as I laid down and looked up to her window. She stood watching me, a sad slight smile on her face.

Oh the hell with it, my best friend / alpha may be pissed off later but right now me being here looking after her made it worth it. My gaze locked with hers and I tried to tell her I was sorry, to let her know everything was going to be okay, I had her back, after all she is my Luna and as Beta it is my job to look after her. I left it at that even though my wolf kept begging me to think harder, there was something he knew but we couldnt remeber.

I closed my eyes content no one was around that posed a threat to Harmony and soon dozed off into a light nap.

Bouncing red headed girl ran infront of me, 'You better not Michael, I will tell my momma!" Her voice rang with laughter as I chased after her. Water splashed over my legs as we ran down the beach I reached out to grab her when my fathers voice stopped me. "Mike, leave the girl alone, your almost twice her size." I stopped and looked back at my father, "but dad.. she started it!" I pouted. A sweet laughter reached my ears making me jerk back to the girl I was chasing, her peircing blue eyes laughed at me aginst her perfect skin and red hair. She stuck her tounge out at me...

I jerked my head up with a fright.. Harmony. I looked toward her bedroom window, why did I dream of Harmony. How did I know her, was it a dream or a memory. I remeber being little going to the beach to visit my fathers friends, but was Harmony there? It had been years since we went, I was 8 the last time we made the trip, my parents died a mere few weeks after our return. I shook off the thoughts as I heard someone running straight at me and fast...

the picture to the side is Mike outside guarding Harmony. :) Hope you enjoy.. vote and comment! <3