Chapter 9 - Challenging the Alpha

My second chapter tonight :) I know there are some grammar errors and stuff, I will go back and edit it, but I was writing and posting while I could! :)

Carson POV

I wanted to laugh at her, did she really think I couldnt see her, even if I couldnt her scent would give her away if I was within a mile of her. I let her think I passed her up, but I quickly ran up the hill to her hide out. I have had enough, I am Alpha, she is my mate, though we may not be mated, she was going to respect me. I stopped when I came into the clear a few yards from her. Her eyes met mine and I seen the fear run through her, but then she realized it was me. She seen my demand for submission, since she was not in my pack or mated with me I couldnt talk to her like I could most but I could send her a few words or a strong emotion since she was my mate. 'Submitt' I said holding out on most of the harshness, not to scare her, just enough to get my point across.

Her hair stood up and my heart began to hammer in my chest, i was floodeed with mixed emotions, anger from her challengeing me, humor that she well hell she CHALLENGED ME, and ontop of it all I suddenly felt the need to take her here and now wolf form or not, her temper was strangely hot! A low warning growl broke me from my thoughts, seriously, she is still standing up to me? I could see the fear in her eyes and her posture but she stood regardless, her teeth bared not ready to fight but enough to let me know she wasnt backing down. What in the hell am I suppose to do now? I can't exactly fight my mate, literally, my wolf refused to 'touch a hair on her' as he had reminded me for the hundreth time in the past five minutes we have been having a stand off. NOW WHAT?

Harmonys POV

I felt the anger rolling off of him from my challenge, his eyes were literally setting me on fire, but behind his alpha mode I seen a hint of humor and was that lust? I let out a warning growl seeing he was turned on. 'You have got to be kidding me? What the hell is wrong with this guy?' I all but screamed in my head. 'Harmony, let him lust over us, its better then ripping our head off which is what you are asking for!' I snarled at my wolfs words. 'He wouldnt, regardless if he wants us or not, we are his mate, he wont touch us...' I let my mind trail off, he wont touch me? Will he? I am his mate, but do I risk using that to make a break for it? Without allowing my wolf to reply I bunched my legs and jumped off the ground flying at him. I didnt want to fight I wanted to throw off his guard and jump past him, it would give me a slight chance to make a break for it.

I flew through the air and I seen the surprise in his eyes when he jerked his head up and jumped to the side, attempting to avoid me landing on him. 'AH HA! Gotcha!' I almost wanted to do a victory dance. A blood curling snarl had me putting the victory dance off for another time, I darted off down the hill hoping to get away.

Carson POV

Its official my mate is fucking crazy! Did she just try to jump on me? I didnt have time to think about it before she landed and made three huge leaps down the hill away from me. I dont think so Harmony, this ends, now! I spun and ran down after her, closing in on her quickly. In a few more strides we were at the bottom of the hill, I made my move. Quickly I made one last jump and pushed her off balance. My teeth grabbed the hair on her neck and a growl rumbled my chest and throat. Using my body weight I pushed her just hard enough to knock her off balance and I stepped over her. I snarled my teeth demanding her sumbit to me.

Harmonys POV

So much for my escape plan. I felt him gaining on me, I tried to avoid his contact but the stupid Alpha was fast. I felt his teeth latch onto my skin and before I could think he had me on my back, his huge frame stood towering over me demanding my submission. I put up a fight the best I could until my growls began to sound more like whimpers. STUPID MATE! I wanted to shout.

Carson POV

I felt pride swell in my chest, though she was pinned and completely out powered she still fought me until her wolf took over, her low rumble turned into a light whimper. But when she lowered her eyes and stopped moving I felt my heart break. This is not what I wanted to see, yes I wanted her to respect me, its nature to respect the Alpha blood but not her not like this. 'Mike bring me pants and a shirt now!' I yelled through my mind link. I heard him and Keith coming from the sides, slowly they stopped and looked at the sight infront of them. I slowly stepped off of Harmony, but I growled just enough to warn her not to move.

I watched as Mike approached me, his face held shock and dissapointment. I knew he didnt agree with what I did but i didnt have time for that right now. I took the clothes and jumped behind the cover of trees quickly changing into the jeans.

Harmonys POV

I watched as MIke and Keith closed in to Carson and me. I knew he had called them, just like I knew he went to shift back. I wanted to wimper but I kept it in, holding onto whatever pride I have left. Mike walked closer to me and looked me over with pity in his face, he felt sorry for me. Knowing Keith and Carso were out of ear shot I let out a low whine and looked at him. He shook his head and looked towards the trees, at the moment Carson stepped out. What is with these guys, all three stood in nothing but jeans, no shoes, no shirts. Before I could think further into it a deep voice demanded my attention. "SHIFT!" I stood on wobbly legs and met Carsons eyes, he has got to be kidding! No way was I shifting, one, I have NO clothes, two, its freaking cold and I dont want to exactly talk to him right now, and three, I have NO CLOTHES!

He must of seen my wearyness he tossed me a shirt and spoke low, "Shift I said." I felt my anger rise, a little. HE WAS DEMANDING, thank God he hasnt accepeted me yet, im not sure i want him! 'Teach him a lesson!' My wolfs words shocked me, 'what I thought you were all for your mate?' I felt her snarl rip through my chest, 'his wolf made me submitt, I dont serve no one, teach him a lesson, shift like he said. RIGHT HERE infront of all of them!' If i would of been in human form I would of literally grinned at her words. "HARMONY I SAID SHIFT RIGHT NOW!" He boomed at me. I snarled and did just that. I shifted and kicked the shirt aside as I stood. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him. "What do you want?!" I growled at him. His eyes roamed over my body, making me heat up every where his eyes touched, damn traitor of a body. Still I stood my ground and watched him with the best glare I could manage with him looking at me like that.

Carson POV

That damn girl will be the death of me! 'You told her to shift.' my wolf chided in my thoughts. I didnt mean right here, right before me. My eyes roamed her body, from her small shoulders, her flat stomach down her long tan toned legs. My mind clicked Keith and Mike were here to, I growled as I ran infront of her to cover her. I swiftly picked up my shirt and wrapped it around covering the best I could. "Harmony, if you dont put this on right now, I am going to flip out!" I spoke soft through clenched teeth. I seen the surprise and humor in her face before she slowly and I mean ever so slowly took her time slipping my shirt on over her head and her body. 

Feeling a  little better I turned around and stared down Keith and Mike, both were looking at the ground like there was something they couldnt take their eyes off of. A smirk crossed my face, atleast they knew better, unlike my unruly, crazy, rude, beautiful mate. God if i though my emotions were mixed before, then someone ran them through a blender now. My eyes went back to her, her tan legs standing out aginst my white t-shirt and the snow. My shirt stopped half way down her thigh, to much skin for my liking, but much better then being naked. DAMNIT CARSON GET A GRIP ON YOUR DAMN EMOTIONS. I scolded myself, before I forced my eyes to meet hers. "Harmony, we need to talk!" 

I attached another picture to the side, this one of Carson making Harmony submitt to him! :) Hope you enjoy! Feedback and votes are very much appreciated! Your input helps me make it better! <3