Night Out

I've spent the last 24 hours thinking about Zayn: his smile, his voice, his eyes. I've always been a person that falls easily, but Zayn really impressed me, I don't even know how to explain what I feel: he's unbelievably perfect, I've never met someone like him.

It took me about 2 hours to get ready for the night out, and Alice helped me through my hysterical panic attacks.

We reach the pub where Zayn and his friend were meeting up; it isn't far from our flat so we walked there, and we have found a pleasantly warm weather. We enter the bar, the music is loud and the people are talking and laughing. I spot Zayn:he's wearing a tight black shirt, and he looks so hot I can't breath for a moment.

"Hi Irene!"

"Hi Zayn, she's Alice!"

"Nice to meet you" he leans over to kiss me and then to shake Alice's hand, and I can smell his sweet perfume.

"Come, I'll introduce you to my friends" he leads us to a round table where four guys are sitting and chatting.

"Here's Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis."

Niall is blond, cute and has the biggest smile on his face; next to him, Liam, buzz cut, built body and sweet chocolate eyes. Then there's Harry, curly and charming, a little dimple jumps on his cheek when he smile, and sitting at the head of the table, there's Louis, light blue little eyes and a sexy stubble; the other three smile and move their eyes from me to Alice, but Louis is definitely interested in my friend: he checks her out from head to toe, without decency!

"sit down with us!", Zayn offers me a seat next to him, and Alice joins us.

The boys are kind and in a few seconds we feel comfortable, as if we had known them for ages. Liam is the one I better get along with, he's very nice. Harry is pretty quiet (he's smile and his emerald eyes are eloquent enough) and Niall is noisy, laughing out loud at every stupid joke someone says, he looks so happy and carefree! Louis is definitely the clown of the group, he doesn't seem to take anything too seriously. Zayn is quiet too, looks at his friends smiling, and then looks down at me, as to see if I'm having a good time.

"In which part of Italy did you exactly live?" Liam asks.

"In the north-east of the peninsula, not far from Venice, that is probably the only name you know of that area!" Alice explains giggling.

"We lived in two really small villages, about 2 or 3 hundreds inhabitants" I add, with a nostalgic smile on my face. "I remember cycling through the cornfields to come to your house. Nice memories!"

"And what are you doing here? Do you have a job or...?" Niall steps in.

We explain our plans for the future, while Louis can't help staring at Alice, with and unreadable expression on his face. I guess he likes her, and he's probably reasoning about his next move.

After about 2 hours of talking and drinking, we decide to live for the disco. I'm still not comfortable at all with Zayn being just two inches away from me. Beer is starting to get to my head and I'm a little tipsy, so I'm probably staring at Zayn a little too unashamedly, but he doesn't seem to have noticed. Alcohol will definitely give me more confidence, I just hope I won't give him a bad impression.

As we get up from our table, Louis quickly comes up beside Alice, giving her a look that clearly means "I want to spend some time alone with you". We all see what he's doing, and Zayn start howling to tease them, so the others burst out laughing.

On the street, we walk fast towards a club chosen by Harry, who's walking at the head of the group, next to Liam. Behind them I walk with Zayn and Niall and a few metres away Louis and Alice follow us, chatting and occasionally looking into each other's eyes.

"Well, looks like your friend made a good impression on Louis!" Zayn says with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, I guess!" I answer looking at him.

"Don't worry I'll find someone for you too!" he adds, and something inside me cracks: I like you, stupid asshole, I don't need anybody else, why don't you fucking see it?!. Luckily I'm not drunk enough to express my thoughts, so I awkwardly laugh and I jokingly hit him on the shoulder. God, why does he give me the creeps so easily?

I have to do something. I'm usually a shy person, but when I want something I go and try to get it, and if I have alcohol on my side, well, everything becomes easier.

As we enter the club and we reach the dancing crowd, I try to figure out what to do. Liam starts jumping around, Harry clumsily agitates his hands up in the air and Niall starts dancing too. I laugh and turn to face Zayn, who's staring at the funny scene.

"You're not dancing tonight?" I ask.

"Not drunk enough yet" he replies and laughs. "Come with me, I wanna introduce you to a person"

He suddenly takes my hand and I swallow hard, following him through the dance hall, until we reach the counter. I notice a blonde girl with a tight white dress standing alone, as if she was waiting for someone. When she sees Zayn, a big smile appears on her face. She's got blue eyes and an heavy black make-up on.

"Hi love!", Zayn lets go of my hand and leans over to kiss her on her lips.

Shit.

"She's my friend Irene, she works at my house, did I tell you...?"

"Yeah yeah" she scrutinizes me and raises and eyebrow. "Hi, I'm Perrie" she rapidly says before turning away from me, giving me her back and concentrating on Zayn, who seems to have already forgotten about my existence.

Message received.