The End

14 months later

I'm finally home after another long day at University. I run upstairs and reach the door of my flat, swiftly open it and enter, eager to reach my comfortable sofa and lay on it.

"Hiiii!" I scream dropping the bag on the floor and taking off my heavy coat.

"Hi babe!" Zayn comes out of the kitchen, and welcomes me with a sweet voice. "How was your day?"

"Fine...I had to review my project because the teacher ha-...why are you so cute tonight?" I suspiciously glance at him as soon as I notice that he's wearing a shirt, tight jeans and smells wonderfully.

He shrugs. "We have something to celebrate babe!" he claims, a little disappointed that I haven't understood yet.

I glimpse at the flat and notice that it's semi-dark, and that there are some candles on the table, next to a big bouquet of red roses.

"Zayn..." I beg him to clarify what's going on with my eyes, brushing my palm again his arm embarrassed .

"It's our first year of...you know, living together, here." He blurts out shyly.

I open my mouth wide and feel guilty as fuck for having forgotten about this.

"Oh babe, I'm sorry, my mind was..." I begin to apologize, but Zayn places his finger on my mouth, shutting me and approaching his head to mine.

"Babe, don't worry. Come with me or the cuscus with spicy vegetables is gonna get cold." He whispers and kisses me, before leading me in the living room of our flat, while I can't help but smiling like an idiot.

"Put on a beanie or you're gonna freeze, the weather is awful outside!" I warn Zayn as he puts on his coat. We've finished our dinner and want to take a walk outside, before meeting with the boys at the park.

Zayn grabs my hand and we walk side by side till the main door. As soon as we put our feet on the side-walk, a cold wind hits our faces.

"Shit, it's seriously freezing!" Zayn complains.

"You better believe me next time!" I joke hugging him.

Zayn smiles and lowers to kiss me. "Let's go, Liam and the others are already there."

We walk, cuddled up. We've been a couple for more than a year now. Everything is quite, normal, calm, peaceful. I could have never wished for something better than this.

We reach the park and immediately spot the boys, a few meters away. There's Alice, with a big cup of hot coffee in his hands; there's Louis, hugging his girlfriend from behind her back. There's Liam laughing and joking with Louis. And there's also Claudia, holding Liam's hand tight. There are Harry and Niall, teasing each other and laughing loudly.

"Hi guys!" Zayn and I join them and insert in the conversation.

The sky is dark, cold and star-sprangled. The park around us is silent and howl for the wind among the trees.

"Harry, catch this!" Niall screams kicking a pinecone he found on the grass.

Harry instinctively raises his hands to protect his head from the flying pinecone.

"Nialler, what the f-..." he complains, while Louis has already run behind him to steal the pinecone.

"IT'S MINE! IT'S MINE!! WOOH-OOH! I smell a football-match right here guuuuys!" he claims with his amusing high tone has he plays with the "ball".

"I'm not in the same team as Harry!" Zayn shouts, walking towards his friend.

"Fuck off, I'm not that bad!" Harry replies.

"Poor Haz, I'm with you!" Alice comforts his curly friend.

"Can me and Claudia be the cheerleaders?" I beg the boys, when I see Claudia's worried face.

"Noooo way!" Liam answers, grabbing me and his girlfriend and dragging us to the "football-field".

"Ok guys, those are the nets, no keepers, the game starts....NOW!" Louis acts as the referee and start the game.

We start running after our "ball" like a bunch of idiots, like eight big children, screaming and laughing, forgetting about anything else.

I've got my two best friends in the world, the girl that has grown with me, becoming like my sister, and that has started this adventure with me, and the boy I've met less than two years ago, with whom I share a deep connection and affection. There are their boyfriend and girlfriend, my other close friends, the Irish blonde one and the curly one, playing like annoying twins.

And then, there's him. My boyfriend, my friend, my roommate, my lover, the boy of my dreams, the love of my life...the one that had me at hello.