Tears hugs and friends.

As soon as I see Perrie's blonde hair, her blue big eyes and her smile addressed to her boyfriend, my heart cracks. I feel like someone is gripping my throat, preventing my breath. My brain is unable to work properly, I'm completely shocked and forceless, almost on the edge of fainting. I silently get up and, without saying a work, I head to the toilets, leaving my friends surprised and confused at the table. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Alice making a sudden move, as to get up and run after me, but I can hear Liam say "No, I'll go with her...".

I rush into the toilet and stop for a while, standing by the door, gasping and recollecting my thoughts. When I realize what just happened, a stream of tears comes down my cheeks, as I collapse on the floor sobbing.

How could he do that to me? Zayn. The same Zayn that took me to the airport to cheer me up, the same Zayn that apologized for his girlfriend's behavior. The same Zayn that kissed me and made love with me. The same Zayn that seemed to care about me, that seemed really interested in me. He just...stepped onto my heart without any mercy, like nobody did before. He looked me in the eyes and lied to me, and then ran back to the one he truly loves. And the worst part is that I really, really, really like him. I've fallen for him, like a stupid. And now here I am. With a broken heart, crying and suffering on the floor of a public bathroom.

Soon, I feel Liam's strong arms around my back, as he sits right next to me. I sink my red face in his chest, sobbing loudly and wetting his shirt.

"Irene! Don't cry like this...it hurts me so much to see you suffer." Liam whispers in my ear.

I can't say anything, I just want to cry forever. All I feel is a sharp pain inside my chest, and all I can think about is that I don't want to think anymore. I wish I could just black out my brain and my heart, I wish I could stop existing. I wish this was all just a bad bad dream.

Liam's hand rubs my back as we lay cuddled up on the toilet floor. I cry my heart out like I haven't been doing in a long time. After some minutes, I make an effort to stop sobbing like a baby, and close my eyes, trying to push away the tears. I sigh heavily and open my eyes, glancing at my best friend. He's staring at me with a worried expression, still holding me like a doll, and rubbing my skin with his hand.

"How are you, kid?" he smiles at me.

I swallow hard and rub my eyes with my hands. They're so swollen by too much crying that they hurt. When I try to say something, my voice immediately cracks, and tears roll down my face again. Liam wipes them away with his thumb.

"Look, I know how you feel. You're broken hearted, and...well, Zayn fucked up. He really fucked up." Liam looks so angry while saying this. "He was a jerk and an asshole. But you deserve more than this. Forget about him, Irene. If he prefers that bitchy blonde, he's definitely not good enough for you!"

Liam's so sweet I wanna stay with him forever. I squeeze him with my arms, cuddling him like he was a big doll, trying to express my thanks through the warmth of my hug.

"I love you Liam, you're the best friend I could have wished for." I mumble through the sobs, placing my face on his shoulder.

"I know. I love you too, kid" Liam says kissing me on the cheek . "But I really hate to see you like this."

"I think I was falling for him, Liam! And he..." a lump in my throat impedes me to talk. I swallow and try to pull myself together. "...he just played with me. He used me for...I don't even know why!" and as soon as I finish the sentence, the sobs are back.

Liam sighs and hugs me tighter, not able to say anything to justify his friend.

In that moment, the door slowly opens, and Alice pops up with a worried expression.

"Hey...how is she?" she asks softly, looking at Liam.

He makes a motion with his head, suggesting Alice to come in.

"Iri..." Alice doesn't say anything else, but I know what she means, just looking into her displeased eyes. She caresses my cheeks with her hand, and gives me a bear hug.

"Maybe...we should go." I mutter, looking into Alice's eyes. I don't want to be a burden for my friends, I don't want to ruin their night out. I try to fix my make up in the mirror and get out of the bathroom, with my friends by my side.

As soon as we reach the table, Louis and Niall look at me, both worried and a little embarrassed.

"Sorry guys. Huh..." I try to find the words to justify my scene without sounding pathetic or pitiful, but I don't know what to say. I just shake my head a little awkwardly, but by the looks on the boys' faces I know they don't need me to say anything.

"Are you ok, babe?"

An husky voice comes up from behind me, and just then I realize that Harry is there too.