Dinner At Zayns House

A few days have gone by since I kissed Zayn. Since the night he came outside my house because he wanted to talk to me, and I finally did what I had been thinking about for a long time. Every time I recall the memories from that night, I can't avoid smiling like an idiot, I feel shivers down my spine, and my stomach hurts so much! I haven't felt this way in a long time. Every little thing about Zayn is a dope to me. Every move he makes, every word coming out of his perfect mouth. Am I under a spell or something?

And as I dream about that kiss almost every minute of the day, I also can't stop worrying about his strange reaction. He suddenly ran away... "I have to go". What does that mean? What did that kiss mean to him? Did he just kissed me because he wanted to in that moment, but then regretted it? Does he like me? Does he feel the same way I do?

"Irene, I'm going out for a few." Mrs Malik explains while taking her handbag and wearing her sunglasses. She turns around and smiles kindly at me. "I'm so sorry this is the last time you'll be working here!" she puts her hand on her chest, expressing her sadness.

"I know!" I answer, with a melancholy smile. "I'll miss working here a lot!". And that's true, not just because of Zayn. Also because I really got close to his family, and I really enjoyed staying with them.

Suddenly, Zayn's mom lights up, and she raises her hand "Wait! We should celebrate properly!" she says loudly. "Stay with us for dinner tonight! Zayn, Waliyha and Safaa would certainly love it!"

God. What can I say? I can't refuse, it would be rude. But I haven't seen Zayn yet, and I don't want him to think that I'm doing this to get to see him, like a pathetic teenage girl. So what can I do?

"...Thank you, It would be nice!" I say mechanically, hating the sound of my own voice while I notice Zayn coming in from the the front door. He has wet hair and clothes, because outside is raining heavily. He's annoyingly handsome.

"Hi mom!" he says, a second before lifting his head and noticing me, standing few meters away. His eyes can't hide his astonishment and his embarrass, but he tries hard to be kind and look normal.

"Hi Irene." He smiles, and blushes a little when his mom gives him a quizzical look. I wave back at him, looking like a complete idiot.

"Hello sunshine, you forgot your umbrella, didn't you?" Mrs. Malik says, still trying to figure out what's going on between his son and me.

"Anyway, Irene is joining us for dinner tonight!". She stops and stares at Zayn, as to wait for a reaction.

"Cool!" Zayn nods before heading to the bathroom, in order to dry is black hair.

I go back to work, trying as much as I can to hide embarrassment.

Two hours later, I've finished my job. I go in the bathroom to clean my hands and try to look presentable. Fooh. Breathe, Irene. It's fine. What's the worst that can happen? Zayn will tell me he regrets our kiss and will never talk to me again!! Yeah... I'm not so good at self-comforting.

Last check at the mirror. Ok, I look decent, I can go and deal with this situation.

"Irene, dinner will be ready in few minutes!" Mrs Malik says as I get in the kitchen. "I cooked some vegetable dishes because Zayn told me you don't like meat."

At that moment, I notice Zayn laying against the wall, right in front of me. He gives a sweet smile, and for the first time our eyes meet. The strange sensation in my tummy I got the first time I met him is back, stronger and harder to sustain.

"Take a sit." He kindly points a chair, and hesitates a second, before sitting on my left side. Just being few inches away from him makes me feel nervous and agitated. I don't know what the hell this boy has done to me. He grabs a piece of bread and puts it in his mouth, the mouth I kissed. The lips that met mine in one of the most romantic moments of my whole life.

His parents and sisters join us at the table, and we begin to eat. I easily begin to feel comfortable; we talk about a lot of different things, they are all very kind and cute to me. But Zayn is strange. Every now and then I can see him staring at me, motionless, with a weird smile on his face, and I tried so hard to understand what he might be thinking, but as soon as I glance at him, he turns his eyes away from me, and pretends to be listening to the conversation. It's like he's trying to avoid my eyes, but can't help glancing at me. It's like my presence annoys him in some way, but yet he's curious to observe every move I make and every word I say. He's like studying me. And I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, to be honest.

It's almost 9 pm. Zayn's sister have already left the table, and I'm helping mrs. Malik clearing the table. Zayn gets up from the table, thanking his mom for the wonderful dinner, comes up behind me and gently puts his hand on my forearm.

"Would you like to come upstairs with me?" he whispers, locking his sparkling eyes on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reeeeeally sorry it took me so long to update guys :( forgive me!

By the way guys, thank you so much for 652 reads!!!! I love you all!!!!