My Past Is Back

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out, not paying attention to the quizzical looks on me.

"Do you know him?" Claudia sets him without been listened to.

"I-I'm here with my friend Claudia, I met her in Glasgow and I've come to visit her here, what about you?"

"I live here!!" I scream in Alex's face. I feel Liam's hand on my forearm, trying to calm me. Zayn is keeping the distance.

"You live here? Since when??"

"That's none of your business, Alex!" I hysterically answer. I can't believe he's here. I've tried so hard to forget about him, for months, and when I've finally managed to go on and find someone else...I find him here, right in front of me. The same boy that cheated on me and made me suffer, leaving me broken in pieces. It's like my whole past I had struggled to leave behind is now back.

I shake my head, not wanting to believe what's happening.

"Alice? You're here too??" I hear Alex voice while I turn around and rush in the bathroom. I meet Zayn's brown eyes and the sadness in them hurts so much that I immediately start sobbing, covering my face with my hands, embarrass being too much to stand.

Ironic, isn't it? I'm here, again, in this toilet, crying, just like a few time ago, after seeing Zayn with Perrie. Note to self: avoid the Walkabout at all costs.

My head is aching. My sight is blurred by the tears, and I feel a painful sensation on my chest. I've lost control, and I really wish Alex hadn't this power on me. But he does. He's able to mess up my mind, just with his presence.

After Zayn...I've completely stopped thinking about him. If, by chance, something or someone made me remember of the time we spent together, It would not have been painful, not anymore: now I have Zayn, Alex is just a bad page of my past.

But I really wasn't ready to see him, again, like this, tonight.

I sniffle, and wipe away the tears from my cheeks. "Oh, c'mon, Irene! You got to be strong." I breath deep and firmly push the door, getting out fast and finding myself in front of Liam. He's always there, ready to catch me when I fall.

"Irene...are you ok?"

I nod, meaning it, even if my swallowed eyes may contradict me.

"The situation is a little awkward, over there...and Zayn left!"

My eyes wide open as I hear this.

"What? HE LEFT?"

"I think he was feeling quite... uncomfortable."

I swallow hard, repulsing the tears.

"Where is Alex?"

"He was talking with Alice. Irene, if I were you, I'd run after Zayn, trust me. He's jealous and sensible about this kind of things."

I nod again, thanking my friend and walking away. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Alice and Alex animatedly talking at the counter, while Harry, Louis, Claudia and Niall are still at the table. I grab my purse and my jacket and look at them.

"Sorry guys...I guess you all are quite tired of my dramas, huh?" I joke. As an answer, I get three kind smiles: Louis, Claudia and Niall's ones. But Harry frowns at me. I scan his face but I can't read his thoughts. I step back and leave, not having the time to worry about him.

I walk along the street and reach my car, frenetically unlocking it and getting in. I turn the engine on and run, along the streets, not caring about the danger. All I can focus on is Zayn. the only thing that worries me, at the moment, is losing him or making him suffer.

I park the car next to the side walk and quickly get out.

"Zayn?" I call, when I see a figure walking on the walkway in front of his house. "Zayn, please, wait!" I repeat, seeing that he's not willing to pay attention to me.

"ZAYN!" I scream when I finally grab his arm and force him to turn around.

"Sht, Irene, you'll wake my parents!" he answers cold, freeing from my grip and continuing to walk towards the front door.

"Zayn, stop! Don't treat me like this!" I desperately beg.

He stops, gasps and turn to face me, his face dark and angry.

"I...need some time alone, ok?" he says in a low tone.

"Why??" I sob.

"Why? Well, for the look you wore the moment your ex-boyfriend came in! For the fact that in the minute you saw him, you seemed to forget about me! That's why!!" he angrily sentences, turning his watery eyes away from mine and slamming the door behind him.

I stay there, alone, in the darkness of the street.