Sun Music and Nerves

Today, the sun is shining bright. I'm wearing a dress with a floral design, and I'm walking happily along the streets of Bradford. Yesterday, I forgave Zayn. We kissed and made it up. Seeing him so regretful and eager to gain my trust back really melted my heart. I loved his eyes from the first moment I saw them, in those family pictures at his house; and yesterday, looking into them, I found my reflection; I found love and interested, all for me. And that's why I want to give him the chance to show me he can be better.

Alice is a little skeptical about my choice. She's always been that kind of girl very proud and wary. But I know that if she had the chance to see what I saw in Zayn's gaze, she would change her mind.

Liam on the other hand was happy for me, but from his words I understood that he's still a little mad at Zayn for behaving like he did. I guess, if Zayn screws up again, Liam will be by my side, ready to protect me, again.

Harry and Zayn talked a lot yesterday, and I think they made it up. And I really hope everything is going to be fine.

I'm having a walk in the town center, to run some errands, maybe do some shopping and eat an ice cream. I'm in a really good mood, it hasn't happened often lately, so I want to enjoy it, want to make the best out of it. Alice and Louis are together (so, what's the new?!) and I get the chance to spend some time all by myself.

Wow, it's been some time since I'm here now. All these streets, these buildings, these people that walk past me...I guess they're my new home. I like it here; but without my friends, and without Zayn, things wouldn't have been so easy.

I miss my family and friends a lot. I had a small group of real friends back there, but I miss them like hell. The thing is, I reckon that "home" is where you feel comfortable, where you're surrounded by friends and people that make you feel good. And now, I've found those people here.

I've been wandering around the town for about three hours, and now I'm finally home. The flat's empty, I carry the shopping bags inside and place them on the living room table. I turn on the tv and open a packet of crisps, taking a mouthful of crunchy chips. "Mmmmh I love them!" I mumble chewing noisily. I sit on the sofa and switch my laptop on. I check my facebook, my twitter, and my tumblr, laughing at some funny text post on my dashboard. The silence around me makes me uncomfortable, so I decide to put on some music. I scroll through my playlist searching for the right song.

"Mh no....no, not now...no...." 'till I find the song "You had me at hello", by A Day To Remember. A big smile automatically spreads on my face. The song we heard on the radio that day, driving to the airport.

I'm buried in my own thoughts and memories when suddenly my phone rings, bringing me back to reality.

It's Zayn.

"Hi Zayn!"

"Hi babe, what's up?"

"I was just...listening to some music."

"What about going out tonight?"

"Where?"

"...surprise!"

I giggle imagining his goofy smile.

"Just you and me?"

"Yeah babe, just you and me."

"Ok..." I shrug and try to make it cool, but inside I'm already screaming in excitement.

"Put on a cute dress, I'll pick you up at 6."

"Ok Zayn...see you later then! "

"See you later babe"

I hang up and rush into the bathroom, to take a shower. Gooosh, he'll be here in less than two hours! I've got to hurry, I want to look pretty tonight, I want to be perfect, just to see Zayn looking at me like he never did before.

We're going out alone, officially, for the first time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh I've never been so nervous before!