Butterflies In My Stomache

Zayn's face is tired, shocked, exhausted by all the anger and the emotions he's letting out. A tear has fallen down his beardy cheek, leaving a slight sign on it. His frowned sad eyes don't dare to detach from mine; his chest moves fast, close to mine, almost touching it. He shyly places his hand on my arm, gently grabbing it. he leans forward, so that our foreheads touch.

"Forgive me, Irene...." He begs, his warm breath caressing my skin. "Give me the chance to show you that I can be better than that."

My heart is almost exploding, my legs are going to collapse, my throat is dry.

"I like you so much that it makes me sick." I mutter. "If you make me suffer again...I swear, Zayn..."

But I can't finish my sentence, as Zayn's lips crash on mine. He kisses me passionately, desperately, holding my head with his hands.

Our kiss lasts for some minutes, while our bodies are pressed against each other, and my hands wrapped tight around Zayn's waist.

I've never felt better before.

My heart is filled of excitement, devotion, love. I really want him to be mine, like this, forever. I don't want him to leave, I don't want him to walk away from me, not even for a second. I've sold him my entire self...I've just put my heart, my spirit, my whole existence in his hands. Terribly dangerous, I know...but I'm feeling so good right now, that I honestly don't care.

He breaks the kiss and gives me the most sweet and lovely smile.

"What do you want from me, Zayn?" I say in a whisper, while my eyes beg him not to let me down.

He shrugs. "I wanna stay with you."

My stomach has just been stabbed by a hundred knives.

"What about Perrie?"

"I've broken up with her."

"Really?"

"Yeah... that night, when I saw you at the pub."

I giggle nervously. "Yeah, that terrible night..."

"I promise I'll make you forget about it, I promise..." and by the look in his eyes I can't avoid believing him.

I smile at him, sadly, hoping to be right, 'cause I really want to.

"What about Harry?" he questions, with a smirk on his face.

"I guess..." I hesitate.

"I'll talk to him." he replies. "He's a friend of mine, and I attacked him. I've been a jerk...I better go apologize right now..."

I nod. "That would be great. You've been friends for a long time, I don't want to be the reason you fight...I feel guilty for all this mess..."

"You don't have to feel guilty. You've done nothing wrong." He rubs my cheek with his thumb. His gaze lowers and turns a little annoyed. "I almost died of jealousy when I saw you coming out of his bedroom half-naked..."

I blush remembering how I made a shit of myself in front of my friends. Then turn to face Zayn again and give him a peck on the cheek, tightening my arms around his body.

What this guy does to me is not healthy, is not normal, is not rational.

"I'll go home then." I say moving away from him and smiling.

"I'll talk to Harry. And I'll call you as soon as I can, I promise."

He squeezes my hand grinning. We say goodbye and leave.

I walk home, I get in and throw myself on the sofa. Alice isn't home, but few minutes later, I get a phone call from her.

"Irene, what has happened?!" she screams into my ears as soon as I press "accept", almost making me deaf.

"Ooooh Alice, take it easy! I guess you talked to Louis..."

"Yes, I did, and he told me about the fight between Harry and Zayn! About you wandering around Harry's flat in your underwear and Zayn being visibly jealous!! What the hell is going on, is this real life or a soap opera??"

I sit back and breath out. "Alice, as soon as you come home I'm gonna tell you everything. Now, just give me some time to get this fucking butterflies out of my stomach."