For You Part Three (BarryxReader)

I woke up to the loud sound of something being dropped into the garbage can.

"Barry?" I sat up quickly and looked around. When I saw Caitlin smile sympathetically at me I brought my hand up to my mouth and wiped the drool off of my face. "Uh. Hi Cait." I smiled sadly at her.

"Hi." She walked over to the small closet we had in the Cortex and tucked the broom and dustpan she had in her hand away. I looked over to where I threw my mug and noticed the ceramic pieces were gone.

"Sorry about the mess." I mumbled.

"Want to tell me what happened?" Caitlin walked over to the desk and sat down into the chair to the right of me. She moved my chair so I was facing her

"He broke up with me." I muttered.

"He probably didn't know what he was saying." Caitlin said softly as she reached over and placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"We both know he meant it." I looked down at my hands

"He didn't mean it." Caitlin sighed. "You remember what he said when he uh.. Time traveled. I know you do." She moved her hand from my shoulder.

"Screw what he said." I rolled my eyes. "He had no reason to act the way he did last night. No matter what happened in Star." I shook my head.

"You love him." She urged

"He made it clear that doesn't love me anymore." I shrugged sadly. "Thanks for trying to help though Cait. But I'll be okay." I said. Trying to reassure myself that I was in fact, going to be okay.

_

The day went by slowly. Barry came into Star Labs after his day at the CCPD. We didn't speak to each other so it was quiet. But as soon as Barry left to go save a family trapped in their burning house, Cisco decided to speak up.

"What crawled up his ass?" Cisco hissed as he covered the microphone with his hand so Barry wouldn't hear him.

"He's probably pissed that I'm still working here." I rolled my eyes as I typed away on the computer I was at.

"What? Why?" Cisco looked at me confused. Caitlin swiftly smacked him in the back of the head as she stood behind the two of us watching Barry's vitals on the computer between Cisco and I. "Ow!" He turned the chair and looked up at Caitlin.

"We broke up." I stated. I kept my focus on my work. I heard Caitlin tell Cisco about the break up and what had happened last night.

"I can't get through the house. The roof is collapsing. I can't do this." Barrys voice filled the cortex as he coughed. I pushed back from the desk and stood up from my chair. I grabbed my jacket and slipped it on.

"Where are you going? We might need your help." He looked at me concerned

"I'm going to go get some fresh air." I shrugged.

"(Y/n) he might need your help." Cisco restated himself. I chuckled humorlessly

"I'm the last person he wants help from." I shook my head and walked out of the cortex.

"Stay safe out there. Zoom is still MIA." Caitlin said cautiously and I nodded

"I'll do my best." I rolled my eyes to myself as I walking into the elevator. "What would Zoom even want with me." I spoke to myself as the doors close. I stood in silence as the elevator made it to the main floor and then stepped out of the elevator and began to walk out of Star Labs.

"(Y/n). Don't leave!" Ciscos voice echoed throughout the empty room before red lights began flashing. My hands flew up to cover my ears as a screaming alarm began to blare. I looked around confused. A strong wind swept through the room and felt hot breath on my neck. I slowly turned around. Hoping and praying that it was Barry playing some sort of crude prank. I inhaled sharply as I came face to face with the man of the hour. Zoom.

-

FutureBarry Pov

I rolled over and moved to wrap my arm around (Y/n)s waist, but when I moved my arm, it just fell onto an empty space. I woke up and sat up. "(Y/n)?" I called out. I slowly stood up from our bed and walked out of our bedroom. "Sweetheart?" I picked up my pace. My powers got the best of me and I ran around the whole house at superspeed. I came to a sliding stop when I realized photos from the walls were no longer there. "What did I do." I mumbled. I ran upstairs and got changed. I ran with my superspeed to Starlabs.

"Hey man. Aren' you at CCPD today?" Cisco greeted me before he noticed how distraught I was. "What happened?" He asked

"(Y/n). Something happened with (Y/n).' I urged

"Wow, uh yeah.. Do you not remember? Wow. um I." Cisco shook his head.

"Cisco you gotta tell me what happened." I said desperately.

"You really don't remember?" He looked at me confused. "She's been dead for almost seven years. Barry. Zoom got her back in 2016." Cisco sighed

"No." I shook my head "That wasn't supposed to happen." I pointed at him. "She was supposed to sta-." I dropped to my knees as my head began to throb. I held my head in my hands as visions of Zoom killing (Y/n) flashed through my mind.

"Barry!" Caitlin shouted and I looked up to find her looking down at me scared. I stood up and wiped the tears that had escaped. "What's going on?" Caitlin asked

"I went back in time." I stated.

"What?" Both Caitlin and Cisco stared at me wide-eyed.

"I went back in time. I tried to make it so (Y/n) and I could be happy." I took a deep breath. "When I came back. We were married. We had been married for five years." I looked down at my left hand and ran my right hand over my ring finger. "I woke up this morning and she's gone." I stated.

"She's been gone for a while Barr.' Caitlin sighed

"She's supposed to be alive!" I said harshly and walked in between Cisco and Caitlin.

"Barry what're you doing?" Cisco asked

"I'm going back to save her." I said and marched out of the Cortex and down to the pipeline.