Forget me Not (Barry Allen x Reader)

This was a long request so this will be the first chapter for a possible series, if this gets enough positive feedback I will probably continue it. So let me know what you think and if you would like me to continue it.   

__

Reader Pov

"So what are we dealing with here?" I sat on the edge of the medbed in the cortex and watched team Flash talk amongst themselves about a new metahuman.

"We are dealing with a mind reading type metahuman." Barry motioned towards Caitlin and Cisco.

"I can help." I stated and hopped off the bed and walked towards them.

"This guy has done some pretty bad things (Y/n)." Cisco stated

"Like what?" I crossed my arms over my chest

"Well for one, he attacked a family, killed four of the five people. Left the oldest kid alive, but somehow erased the kids memory of his family." Caitlin explained

"What the hell? How is that even possible?" I asked

"We're still trying to figure that out." Barry sighed

"So what, this kid doesn't remember his family being murdered? Are we sure he isn't just blocking out the trauma?" I asked

"He doesn't remember his family all together. He doesn't remember them being murdered, he doesn't remember who his parents were, that he had siblings, he doesn't remember anything!" Caitlin said sadly.

"That's horrific." I muttered. "I can help, I can get the inside scoop on the case I ca-"

"I already went to the crime scene, and Joe told me everything the officers know." Barry cut me off.

"Why wasn't told about this case? I get sick for one day and I miss the biggest case of the year." I groaned

"Joe and I agreed to keep you out of this." Barry stated. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the bar that was on the back of the desk.

"You did a great job at keeping me out of it. I'm heading to the CCPD and getting the case file." I sighed

"(Y/n)." Barry sighed

"I'll see you tomorrow when you show up for your shift." I stated "Let me know if you guys find any info on this psychopath." I pointed at Cisco then at Caitlin. They both smiled. "Have a good day you guys." I smiled before I walked around the desk and out of the cortex.

-

I held my purse over my head as I jogged across one of the busy downtown streets near the police department. I waved a thanks to the drivers who stopped to let me cross. "(Y/n) (Y/l/n)?" A tall man with salt and pepper hair appeared in front of me. I looked at him confused. How does this man know my name.

"Who?" I asked. The man chuckled and shook his head.

"Silly naive girl." He smiled

"I have to get to work." I shook my head and stepped to walk past him.

"No you don't." He wrapped his hand around my arm and pulled me in the opposite directions. I dropped my purse and thankfully the strap fell around my neck and my purse hung beside me.

"Let me go." I gritted my teeth and tried to pry his hand off from my arm "Help me!" I yelled desperately "I don't know this man!" I screamed

-

Barry Pov

"- no, she left us to go to work about an hour ago." I spoke into my phone

"Well she isn't here." Joe said. I hung up my phone and ran out of Starlabs. I ran down the busy streets of Central City. I found her car parked on the opposite side of the street to the CCPD. I ran across the street and around the 5 block radius around the CCPD. Running up and down every street and alleyway. There was no sight of (Y/n). Worried, I ran to the CCPD to tell Joe. I jogged out of the stairwell and towards Joe.

"Something's wrong." I stated and leaned against his desk.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked me concerned

"(Y/n)'s missing." I said fast "Oh my god. (Y/n)'s missing." I repeated coming to terms with the fact that (Y/n) was missing. "I feel sick." I muttered before I doubled over and threw up in Joes garbage can. I stood up and Joe lifted the garbage can off the ground and passed it to me.

"I don't need you throwing up on the ground. Let's go to your lab upstairs." He stated. I nodded and hugged the garbage can to my chest. We both walked up to my office and I sat down on my stool and held my head in my hands. "What makes you think she's gone missing? Maybe she just had to stop somewhere before coming into work." He suggested

"Her car is across the street, where she always parks for work. She wasn't there, I ran everywhere in a five block radius. She's nowhere to be found." I looked up at Joe and saw him cross his arms over his chest as he was about to say something I began to shake my head "How would you feel if the the person you loved, I mean love. Loved would be past tense and that something happened. She's alive. She has to be, right?" I looked at him desperately "I never got the chance to tell her how I felt."

"We'll find her." Joe stepped forward and gripped my shoulder reassuringly