Forget Me Not Part 3 (BarryxReader)

I bounced my knee up and down as I sat in the waiting room down the hall from (y/n)s hospital room. She had gotten out of surgery about an hour and a half ago and the nurse said she would come and find me once (y/n) woke up.

"Hey man." Cisco sat down next to me and handed me a beige coffee cup, I muttered a quick Thanks. "Any word on her?" He asked

"Caitlin is still talking to the nurse." I sighed and took a drink of the coffee.

"I'm sure she's going to be alright. She's been shot before, she'll pull through." Cisco said hopeful.

"Caitlin said the same thing, but then said 'but I guess she's never been shot in a vital area. She's always been shot in the arm or the leg, places where I've been able to help her'." I told Cisco what Caitlin had told me.

"She's strong." Cisco stated

"I know." I sighed "I know she's going to get through this, the surgery went well. It's just the damn meta." I shook my head.

"What happened out there anyways? We heard you yelling at him." Cisco moved in his seat to face me.

"He was using telekinesis to hurt her, and then after she shot him he fell to his knees in front of her and just gripped her head then they both passed out." I explained

"So what're you worried about? He's dead, and she's okay." Cisco stated

"It's just." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Something doesn't feel right y'know."

"We can go see her." Caitlin walked back into the waiting room. I shot up out of my chair and jogged out of the room. I found (y/n) room and slowly pushed open the door. Caitlin and Cisco ran into the room behind me.

"Hey guys." (Y/n) smiled weakly as her head lolled to the side. "I had the weirdest dream." She giggled then her hand shot down to her side. "That hurt." She mumbled.

"How are you?" I walked towards her.

"Good." She looked up at me. "Are you my new nurse?" She asked and I squinted my eyes and shook my head.

"I'm Barry?" I said, it came out sounding like a question.

"Okay?" She said then looked over at Caitlin and Cisco.

"Hi." She smiled at them.

"Hey." Caitlin and Cisco walked closer to her.

"How are you guys?" (y/n) asked.

"We're good." Cisco stated as he looked at me confused.

"We've all been worried about you." Caitlin motion around the three of us, (y/n) looked around and smiled at all of us before she turned back to Caitlin. She motioned to Caitlin to get closer to her so Caitlin stepped passed Cisco and closer to the head of the bed.

"Come here." (y/n) tried to whisper and Caitlin leaned down closer to (y/n). "Who's the cute nurse?" She whispered loudly and extended her arm towards me.

"He's your good friend Barry Allen." Caitlin said

"Cait I've never met that man before." (y/n) stated and I looked behind me at the hospital chairs pushed against the wall and I slumped down into one.