Chapter 3 The Awakening

The life inside the academy continued as normally as they all could muster. All were thrown into a rigorous set of trainings especially in combat fightings.

The two bonded princes got their every other day turns of guarding beside Venus. On the other hand, her group mates and the shifter developments were remarkable; powers and combat alike. They all could teleport through their own fire now which means that they mastered their flames engulfing their whole bodies.

The sorcerers laid low eversince their last attack on the faerian Realm. They were waiting for their princess to reach her full capabilities which was perfectly roled out by Amelia. For two years time, she was pretending to be Venus in the presence of anyone outside the closed group circle which includes Venus' group mates, master Ronheild, master Xerxis, master Balto, mistress Vulca, Queen Mytyq, Queen Sylvie and Prince Aldrik. The secrecy of Venus' journey to the Angelic Realm was well hidden. The sorcerers never knew about it.

They have only one enemy now... TIME... Since Amelia a.k.a. Venus doppelganger was in her full capability--it was just a matter of time before the enemies would hear about this and start the war. They were all anxiously waiting for the awakening which was never predicted when. It all depended on Venus. Only her alone...

"I don't think we are about to see her awaken soon. I have doubt about it. Maybe it will be after a couple of years more. What do we do then? How will be the graduation rites commence?" mistress Vulca broke the silence inside Venus chamber. She was waiting along with masters Balto and Xerxis for the arrival of master Ronheild and Queen Sylvie. They were called here half an hour ago for an unknown reason. Marcus was sent to training chamber who was the one on guard upon their arrival. It must be something important since it required utmost secrecy.

They were all in their usual cloaked attire, only this time, all their  hoods were pried away from their heads. Mistress Vulca looked rather blooming, the diamond crystal shone brightly on top of her gloved ring finger. She exchanged loving looks with her fiance--master Xerxis--when master Balto spoke up and asked a question completely irrelevant to her previous statement thus completely disregarding it, "so... when will be the bond ceremony? It is about time you two settle all the matters, once and for all. Oh! By the way, congratulations."

Master Xerxis gave Vulca a warm smile before he turned his gaze towards the old man and said, "yes, it is about time," as he chuckled then added, "it's about damn time!" Their chorus of laughter was heard until the long corridors of the academy. It was cut short by a series of tapping on the doors.

"You may enter!" master Balto answered while wiping his tears of joy by the back of his hand.

"Glad to hear some laughter inside this boring asylum." Queen Sylvie stated as soon as the door was ajar.

"Sylvie!!! I missed you!" Vulca squealed like a teenager the moment she spotted her bestfriend then ran to her and hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

"I missed you too!" she answered warmly. She embraced her then turned to Xerxis, "and master Xerxis, you look handsome and younger now. Love did the trick. You looked way too old a couple of years ago." She remembered well like it was just yesterday.

The day after she came back...

"I hope you rested well my queen. I missed you so much. Tons of things I want to ask you but now is not the time. I just wanna hold you in my arms like this, forever." Lord Ronheild hugged her from behind crumpling her orange cloak. They were outside their bedroom balcony in the North Phoenician Palace. They came home after everything was settled yesterday; from the comatose Venus up to the welcoming ceremony for her in both Faerian and Phoenician Realms.

"It is what I desire the most for the last 18yrs... but, we both know we have a lot of things to settle especially between Xerxis and Vulca. What happened, Ronnie?"

"You disappeared. That's what happened... Everyone blamed themselves for it including me. As shameful as it was, I never really cared to fix any other personal problems. I was lost in my own set of miseries just like them. A lousy friend and king I am. Everything changed when Venus came, there is something special about her." He stated as he let her go and stood beside her, both their hands were rested on the baluster of the balcony.

"I just knew you are both a couple of klutz! Both hard headed. Goddess! How did Vulca even managed to balance both of you all these years!" she said to him in serious expression but her eyes looked at him fondly. "And yes, Venuscha is special..."

"You ready? Head up straight to Xerxis and I will convince Vulca. I'm excited for this matchmaking." Ronheild rubbed his hands together anxiously.

"You silly old man! You should have done this long before!" Sylvie slapped his shoulder playfully then winked at him. "Let's go!" she shouted before disappearing in a gust of orange flames.

Her reminiscing was interrupted by a tap on her back. "Look at her!" Vulca's voice registered to her mind first before understanding what she said.

Venus hair caught her attention first. It was turned to a wavy light blonde matching her brows then her eyes caught her olive toned skin. Some lavender crystals were embedded on her forehead. She looked really exquisitely beautiful. Sylvie turned her eyes towards each of her companions and stated, "she is coming back any minute now..."

"How is it even possible that she turned like that?" Xerxis asked in awe.

"That is her angelic form... She succeeded in purifying her curse." Sylvie answered him while her gaze was once again fixed on the sleeping form.

"She is so beautiful," Vulca gushed.

"Yes she is... All angelicums are..." Sylvie whispered back on a sad tone. She remembered her other bestfriend, Nuscha. "S-she's waking up!" Her eyes grew wide in anticipation when she saw her closed lids moved.

They all waited and held their breaths when they saw her eyeslashes fluttered open. Her fierce lavender eyes fixed on Sylvie as she spoke in croaked but with a melodic effect hinted into it, "please, I'm thirsty."

That was all they needed to hear as Balto scooped up a glass of water on her bedside and assisted her to sit down. She gulped the liquid like she spent her last two years in the desert.

"Welcome back, child." Ronhield spoke for the first time.

"Master, I-I'm scared. I need to change soon," her compelling voice filled the chamber. Tears welled her eyes that was filled with fear.

"Hush child, what do you mean?" Sylvie asked her.

"They said I will grow... Ahhhhhhhhhh! Oh my goodness! My baaacckkk!" She wasn't able to finish what she wanted to say when her loud scream erupted. Venus tried to reach out her back to scratch it when Xerxis flopped her back onto the bed face down and tore the upper part of her white night gown.

They were not prepared to what they saw next. Something was moving beneath her skin... From her shoulder blade till her lower back. It was like a lot of huge worms were trying to come out of it.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" Along with her shout came the spurt of fresh red blood the bursted out of her spine. A small trail of feathers sprouted out...

**********

A/N:

Sorry for the delay guys and gals. Hope you liked this chapter. A picture of Venus was attached. What do you think of this development? Please be warned that the next chapter will contain gore. Thank you. Would love to hear from you. Love lots!