Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet

Hi folks! Here's another update for all of you. Enjoy reading. Comments and votes will be greatly appreciated.

Love lots,
Mariam Sarhan

~~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~

"Daphne! Amelia!" Rufus shouted as soon as they materialized. His eyes were fixed only for the two women who were both bleeding and slumped helplessly on the ground.

"I'm alright. Check Amelia." Daphne said pointing to the unconscious shifter. She managed to slowly push herself up into a sitting position.

The injury on her right shoulder was not serious. The bleeding stopped a few minutes after her self-healing kicked in. She knew it's only another matter of minutes and it would be as good as new.

"Is she okay?" Agnus asked cautiously to Rufus.

"She's out cold. Stabbed on the stomach." The demon answered without looking back. He placed Amelia into a more comfortable sleeping position.

"Let her heal for now." Daphne stated while looking around a vast place of flowery field ahead of them. It was an endless garden as far as the eyes could see. The mixed earth and sweet scents assaulted their nostrils.

"Let me guess. Faerian Realm?" Rufus asked to no one in particular.

"Yes." Agnus nonetheless replied. His eyes darting around like he was expecting someone to jump at them considering the fact that the plants were waist high.

"Why we're here, Agnus?" Daphne asked taking a slow deep breath.

They were situated in a circular clearing right at the middle. The soft and damp grass was caressing her palm as she softly gripped a handful of it inside her hand.

"The Amulet is here. It will show itself soon." Agnus answered with uncertainty. He never look at any of his companions straight in the eyes. His hoody eyes kept on looking the other way around each time he faces one of them.

"There is something amiss here. Why do you keep avoiding eye contact, Agnus? And why are you so quiet, Fufu?" Daphne prodded after some moments of awkward silence. Now her attention was diverted fully to both of them, sensing their unease and anxiousness.

Rufus looked away and kept his mouth shut which left Agnus into the line of fire, "N-no, n-nothing's wrong." He was a stuttering mess. Agnus was never good at hiding his nervousness especially to Daphne.

Once again silence prevailed as Daphne didn't pry more. She thought that one of them should open up voluntarily. But hopefully soon, she was never known to be a patient one.

"Tell her, Agnus. Or I will." Rufus said at last. His voice was calm and yet the danger on his tone was undeniable.

"Tell me what?" Daphne asked calmly but deep inside she was starting to panic. It couldn't be good if Rufus was angered by it. She knew him too well to be sensible enough to think things through before letting his emotions get the best of him. Not unless. . .

Agnus stared at Rufus' back then sighed. When he couldn't bare it, he shifted his gaze at the fields while he spoke, "when we climb that mountain on the island. A portal was waiting for us on top and it led us straight here. A creature was waiting for us wearing the amulet. We fought him until it finally caught to Rufus and injured him badly. For some reason, it was scared of his blood so it ran after me instead."

"Just skip to the important part," Rufus demanded without looking back.

Agnus looked at Daphne like he was pleading. It broke the Siren's heart but when she took one step to move towards him.