Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace

Hi all! Here is a new chapter for my beloved readers. It's  supposed to be Friday's update but I have something to do that day so I posted on advance. Enjoy.

Love lots,
MARIAM SARHAN

~~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~

The sun illuminated the rather horror themed scenery of the island. Aldrik was the only one awake but he was buried in a deep thought not even realising that daytime had come minutes ago.

Venus started to stir awake when the daylight created red spots on her closed eyes. The pinpricks of light penetrating through her eyelids pulled her consciousness back from a deep slumber and so did her other companions.

"Aldrik? Are you okay? You haven't slept, have you?" Her tirade of questions startled the Phoenician prince who was lost in his thoughts for hours. He was like sleeping with his eyes open.

"N-no, but it's alright. You were all exhausted."

"I must have dosed off too. My wounds are gone, thank Goddess. Guess, the art of healing really comes in handy." Daphne said while trying to flex her back muscles to test if she's fully healed.

"No sign of the Pearl?" Venus asked looking around the place but all she could see was an endless devastation.

"I'm sorry about all of this. Agnus is still out and healing slowly. I burnt him badly." Amelia blurted out when she saw the horror written on Vee's face.

"It's not your fault. You saved all of us. And Agnus saved you from combusting yourself. We just don't get the gist of the recovery process. Beats me though, how come some are faster than others." Daphne consoled her.

"You're still a mystery on that aspect, D." Aldrik answered her.

Daphne rolled her eyes at him, "not just me. I bet you're more faster."

Aldrik shook his head left and right, a ghost of a smile hinting on his lips. He then changed the subject, itching to ask the question hours ago, "what happened here exactly? The forest is all gone. It must took a very powerful fire." Aldrik asked out of curiosity.

"Blue fire happened." Daphne replied.

Both Adrik and Venus let out surprised gasps. They turned to look at Amelia questioningly. One was a look of curiosity while the other was concern.

"How on Phoenicia did that happened? This is crazy. You're the next Head Mistress. Is it possible? You were not chosen by the pull and not even full-fledged yet. There must be an explanation for this." Aldrik ranted to himself.

"Are you alright, Amy? Are you hurt anywhere?" Vee gave Aldrik a warning look before she sat beside Amelia and pried her body everywhere.

"Gosh mommy Vee. I'm okay." Amelia said giggling. She's very ticklish.

"I'm sure the masters have an answer to that. For now we need to focus on more pressing matters. So, what do we do now? Can someone start giving details on what happened inside the cave?" Daphne asked anxiously giving her full attention to Aldrik. Deep inside she really want to interogate the passed out Agnus more. It doesn't mean that she's not concerned for Amelia's situation. But for now, it's the least of their problems.

"Don't look at me. I don't understand  too. All I know is that, I should be the one gone. Not Marcus." Aldrik said. Guilt was eating him. How could he look straight to Venus knowing that she sacrificed the man she loves to save him.

"Aldrik. . ." Amelia whispered sadly as she turned to look at the sleeping Faerian. She knew the kind of guilt he's going through.

"No, don't you dare blame yourselves for anything." Venus told them both. "We all did what we could to save our friends. We can get through this together."