Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake

It took ten long minutes before its laughter subsided.

"Love is strong and yet so fragile."

It spoke in a tone that was soft and coaxing. The figure disappeared in front of her after the words were uttered.

"Love is timeless so it could linger for a while."

It materialized at the temple's outmost right corner. She saw two outlines from her peripheral view.

"Love could be loyal but could be a traitor in disguise."

She turned as slowly as posible to face it. Her heart palpitations was hyped up. Venus gasped at whom she saw beside the figure.

"So will you trust love? Your decision should be wise."

The question itself was disturbing. It was as disconcerting as seeing the only person that her heart longed to see.

"It was you who took him." Venus accused the figure furiously but it ignored her. "Let Marcus go!" She demanded. Again it didn't answer.

Then, it vanished again leaving an unconscious vampire prince floating by the corner. Vee sprinted towards him but she was stopped midway. Opaque crystals appeared out of nowhere and enveloped her lower torso up until her waistline. She struggled to break free but it was strong and relentless. She looked at him helplessly when the figure spoke again.

"Destiny is strong and yet so frail."

This time the tone was stronger, sharp and fierce. Her head snapped towards the outmost left corner and saw Pearl standing immobile with the figure. She was strapped as well just like her. Her mouth was also covered entirely with crystals.

"Destiny is timeless so no one lived long enough to tell its tale."

"Let them go or I swear to God I'm gonna blow this Temple into pieces." Vee's threats didn't have any effects. It walked slowly towards her while it continued to speak.

"Destiny could be loyal but could be pursuaded."

"What the heck? Are you purposely ignoring me?" Her nose flared from anger and from that anger her Angelicum side surfaced. She turned into full blown in just a matter of seconds but to her surprise. The figure just kept on approaching. Undeterred by her aura. To make the matters worst, her crystal bind remained intact. It expanded like rubber to accommodate her bigger size.

"So will you choose Destiny? An answer should be provided."

Venus was huffing from too much exertion in trying to break free. Like a boa constricting her every movement, the more she struggled, the more it became tighter leaving her strained and weak. It was like sucking on her energy and power. Giving up was not on her vocabulary, not an option even. Vee flapped her massive wings causing strong currents of winds. She moved it in full force in desperate attempt to break away. Unfortunately for her, the crystal didn't budge an inch.

"Love and Destiny often goes hand in hand."

"Shut up! Get to the point. All this lousy tricks are not funny at all. You were just pretending to be my ally." Venus mocked. She needed to goad to get some answer. But still, no effect. It seem to know what she was up to.