Chapter 4 The Transformation

Dedicated to MarhanMohammed Thank you so much for the encouragement. It was so timely since I almost lost the will to continue. I appreciate it a lot. People like you inspires a writer to update more.

~~~~•°•~~~~~

Venus fainted after the sudden intense pain on her back. The heavy flow of blood soaked the white sheets of her bed. Its pungent metallic scent invaded their nostrils mercilessly, it made them hold their breath in order not to gag.

In no time, a loud thud was heard just outside the chamber. It seemed like something strong collided with the door. Then a ferocious growl came, it scratched relentlessly, wanting to come inside.

"PARSIS STATIM!" The commanding voice of Queen Mystyq was heard next that automatically ceased the commotion. They all knew exactly what was happening just as the door opened and revealed an angry witch queen side by side with a paralyzed vampire.

"Why am I not informed of my daughter's awakening?!" Mystyq came barging in giving each of the people inside a glare but her eyes softened when it landed on the bloodied back of Venus. "Is there anything we can do to appease her suffering? Magic perhaps?" she asked softly as she kneeled beside the bed, her knees weakened from the dreadful sight.

"Nothing... Magic and medicine will not help her at all... She have to endure it and let the transformation finish its course naturally." Sylvie answered sadly. Her eyes misty from unshed tears.

"And how did you know about this, if I may ask?" Mystyq raised her eyebrows at her in accusing tone.

"Don't start on me witch! It's none of..." her retort was cut short by yet another loud scream. Venus was only deprived from pain for mere minutes before the process surged again. Both queens jumped back from surprise.

"Ekkkk! Ahhhhhhh! Goodness! Please make it stop!" Her agony made her audience flinch at every sound of her cracking bones. What they witnessed next strucked them motionless from where they stood.

From a small sprout of feather protruding on her back, a bone grew out of it in an agonizingly slow pace. It was two bones for her wingspan, moving outward slowly. This caused more red vital fluids flooding the bed. Venus voice was now hoarse from shouting, her grunting was full of suppressed torture. Her hands were fisted tightly on her sides as she continued biting hard her pillow causing her teeth to grind from time to time.

"Mystyq, use your magic to at least transfuse her with blood. She may be able to survive the pain but not blood loss," Ronhield said. His worried face was focused on the already drenched bed.

"Right, right," she answered him and with a flick of her hand, the liquid from the foam flowed back towards Venus' opened wounds.

The bones stopped growing at probably ten feet wide in each side. The chamber became silent for few minutes except for the wheezing sound of Venus' labored breaths.

Then...

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Her shriek was entirely different this time. It sounded like someone who was beyond pain. Her body spasmed as another set of loud snapping sounds came out of her back. Only this time, everyone heard multiple breaking sounds followed by a swishing noise. The blood that oozed out of her back began bubbling emitting a horrible gurgling sound then all of a sudden, a large mass of white feathers-painted crimson-rushed out of her in an unforgiving speed. It coated her outstreched wing bones. Each feather was around five inches long, overlapping each other forming a perfect line on the wingspan.

Venus body stopped shaking as her hands went limp on her side, already depleted of energy. Her struggle was indescribable, it was hundred times more painful than what she encountered in Angelic Realm. What made it worse was, she couldn't even pass out again. It was like she was meant to go through all the pain without reprive. A punishment more than hell itself.