Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal

"Headmaster, the questers have returned. They await your presence inside the office chamber." A maid called out from outside the assessment hall where the current meeting was being held.

The chamber maid left without waiting for a reply. The Academy had been like that for several days, nobody waits for no one unless the message itself required an answer. One couldn't expect much of an answer when nobody used the doors anymore.

Meanwhile at the office chamber. . .

"She's waking up," Daphne announced when she saw Venus stir awake. Her eyes promptly opened and she jolted up aggressively.

"What the heck happened? Where are we?" Venus bombarded them with questions as she looked around the chamber and slowly recognition dawned upon her, "we're home!" She yelped happily, her anger awhile ago vanished into thin air.

Seconds after, different colors of fire illuminated the whole room.  In a split of a second, the once spacious chamber became crowded with a lot of people, all talking at the same time.

"Halt at once!" Master Ronheild's voice echoed throughout the chaos.

"Where's Marcus!" It was one voice and one dreaded question that set the whole atmosphere eerily silent. A dozen set of eyes roamed around to check one by one for the said prince.

"He's safe, your highness." Venus uttered the words in apprehension. She tried to hide herself behind Hadraniel.

"I asked, where," Queen Adelaide's tone was quiet and yet frightening. It was icy and disdainful. A scary wrath was foreboding.

"I, I don't know." Vee answered with a tremble in her voice. She couldn't stop the shudder that creeped on her body when see saw the alarm and terror on the expressions of the people she called family.

"You don't get to give me an answer like that! I demand to know where is my son!" Adelaide bellowed towards the shaking Venus. Her eyes turned scarlet and she hissed baring her fangs to her menacingly, ready to pounce any minute.

Hadraniel stepped forward protectively, "there is no need for hostility here. Especially not to Venuscha. Your lives and realms depends on her heart's desire."

"And who are you to address me without permission?" Adelaide retorted in arrogance. Though her fangs retracted but the fierceness in her eyes remained.

Hadraniel let his controlled aura loose upon hearing the answer. Everyone inside the room were sent on their knees at once except for Venus who automatically turned into a half blown Angelicum after being touch by her uncle's divinity. She lightly pressed his shoulder to calm him down despite the fact that she was struggling to contain herself from transforming totally into a fifteen feet giant. The aura was overbearing and powerful as it set everybody trembling down firmly with their heads bowed.

"We do not take it lightly being insulted in such manner. Remember your places. You are all still beneath our feet." Hadraniel spoke in a very soft voice and yet an unexplainable coldness was laced into each words that set their hearts thumping wildly inside their chests. The feeling was beyond fear, it was pure terror to its highest peak.

"Uncle please," Venus begged. Her brows were furrowed from concentration.

Instantly, the aura diminished. A series of sighs were heard while everyone struggled to stand back on their feet. It was like a burden as heavy as the universe was lifted from their shoulders. Everyone regained their strenght, everyone but Vee. A loud thud was heard from behind Hadraniel followed by a trail of musings and groans.

"Venuscha, I apologize. Are you alright?" Hadraniel kneeled down beside her worriedly while the rest were whispering words of disbelief to each other. Ultimately, it was a one time experience to actually meet a Pure Blood Angelicum.