Chapter 25 Cave of Silence

A/N:
As promised, here is your Friday update. Hope you enjoy. Til next update dear readers. If I will be inspired, I might update before next Friday but it's not a promise. Only if I'm inspired to write sooner. Love lots!😆😆😆

~~~~●○●~~~~○●○~~~~●○●~~~~○●○~~~

Contrary to what they were expecting, the cave was not located near the mountains. They had to swim towards the opposite direction for hours, towards the vast ocean. Well, the truth was, they were only swimming for almost an hour tops before Venus practically stopped and almost drowned from exhaustion. Yet again, Amelia was forced to shift into a big whale to carry them on her back for the rest of the travel.

"Wow! Where is this place? It's magical!" Venus exclaimed as soon as they saw the island from where the cave was located.

It practically appeared out of nowhere. The island was beaming with the combination of wildlife, grenery and pearls!

"Shouldn't it be, the Pearl I mean, to be where it is most safe? Like the Mermadian kingdom perhaps?" Rufus commented without being baffled by the beauty in front of him. His features were serious and businesslike.

"This island will never be seen atleast it chooses to be seen. And one perhaps would never know if the Pearl could be retrieved on the last trial or at the kingdom." Their merman consort answered.

"Hey, is that a clue or something? Or a riddle? You surely talk deep. Like really deep!" Amelia butted in jokingly which earned a warning look from Rufus. She, by the way, talked almost immediately after she shifted to her original persona.

"Aherm. Could you please elaborate on that? You mean that this island is invisible to the naked eye?" Agnus asked after he saw the exchange from the two trying to alter the demon's attention.

"Nobody knows how this island appears and disappears. Only the queen knows where to go to locate its present appearance." The merman explained while gesturing for them forward towards the shoreline.

"Awesome! I kinda liked the Pearl's strategy already. Let's get going. I'm kinda excited to see the outcome of this quest." Amelia mused excitedly while completely ignoring Rufus like she used to.

"Your excitement is out of place. Don't forget that we're here to save Marcus and Aldrik. The quest is out of the question since we didn't pass the second trial." Rufus reprimanded the shifter, irritation evident in his voice.

"Loosen up man! You give up too easily. Nobody told us that we didn't pass so it must mean something, right?" Amelia insisted good naturedly, trying to goad Rufus more. She swayed her hips seductively knowing that he was just behind her.

"Enough both of you. Don't you hear that?" Venus suddenly shushed them, her ears perking up intently listening to something.

"Hear what?" Rufus asked confused mirroring the reactions of the other two.

"Sshhh! " Venus replied. Her left forefinger on her lips while her right hand was treading to keep her floating. Her head tilted sideway to access more towards the sound was coming. It was the direction of the opposite of the island.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Amelia shouted in panic when she saw Vee swimming fast towards the other direction, away from their destination.

The three of them followed her. Amelia on hot pursuit with Agnus not far behind her. But Rufus was the last one to follow after he confirmed that their merman guide had disappeared the moment Venus swam away.

"Vee! Vee! Wait for us. What's the matter? We're gonna lose the island!" Amelia shouted after catching up to her.

"Sorry! But I hear someone was calling to me from this place but. . ." Venus explained then fell into deep thought.