Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue

Dedicated to yojnaam and EastTrailyeah

Hi All! Here's your Friday update. Please don't forget to vote. Enjoy reading.

Love lots,
Mariam Sarhan

~~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~~

"Daphne, wake up. You've got to see this." Amelia's voice woke her up from what she felt like a century long slumber. Her head was ringing from a splitting headache.

Forcing her heavy lids to open, Daphne asked, "Hmnn, what happened?"

"Look D! It's a whole city of night life!" Amelia gushed excitedly.

"Night life?" Daphne asked confused trying to clear her cloudy vision. Her eyes bulged the moment she realized where they actually were. "Shhh. Don't let anyone know we're here. Come." She whispered to Amelia, dragging her to the shadowy part of the alley they were in.

"W-what's wrong? You look anxious." The shifter asked in a hushed way sensing the nervousness in her friend's undertone.

"We're in the most dangerous part of the demon realm Aims. I don't understand. . ." The Siren replied. She pondered how come this place was in Agnus' subconscious.

"D, focus. How well do you know this place?" Amelia snapped her fingers to break her reverie. "If it's demon realm then maybe Agnus is here for Rufus." She added her conclusion while her eyes were busy scanning the place looking for points of exit.

". . . I-if that's the case then Fufu is in big trouble. The demons here hates the royalty. They hate all royalties." Daphne said horrified. She was lost once in this place and the memories haunted her for years.

"D, look at me," Amelia shook her shoulders and locked their eyes. "You have to pull yourself together. I'm here. We're in this together. And if what you said is true, then Rufus needs us more than ever. You understand?" She squeezed her shoulders firmly when she felt D's body was shaking.

"You're right." Daphne said with a sigh looking around frantically. Her face said it all though. Her expression looked like someone might just come out at any moment and jump at them.

"It's alright, D. What's the worst gonna happen? We die? We've evaded death a few times already." Amelia's attempt to humor her didn't work a bit.

"Trust me, Aims. There are far worst than death. The demons here are uncivilized, rabbid. And. . ." Daphne paused to inhale deep.

"And what?" Amelia asked patiently knowing that pushing it wasn't a good idea at this point.

". . . And we're royalties." D finished in a quiet voice.

Amelia's breath hitched in her throat in realization. She felt stupid for forgetting that one important factor. She now begin to wonder why on Phoenicia did Agnus brought them in this place.

"Aherm." Amelia immediately cleared her throat to compose herself then said jokingly, "I totally forgot about that. Don't worry, D. I got your back."

"Aims. Here's the plan. Just a few blocks from here is a portal that would lead us to the outer part of demon realm. We need to travel up the rooftops to avoid confrontations. We proceed fast and quietly. No talking until we reach our destination." Daphne said in one breath.

"Um, D. I'm sorry but I think we can't go just yet. Not until we scour this place for Agnus or Rufus." Amelia disagreed.

"Are you crazy? Haven't you been listening to me? For one Aims, in case you haven't realised it yet, we can't use our fire here or we fry Agnus' memories. How do you suggest we fight back?" Daphne's voice raised a little bit.