Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer

Hello everyone. Here's another update for all of you. Hope you enjoy this chapter. A lot is being unfolded, one by one the plot will be thicker from now on to prepare for the full blown battle for the last book. Stay on the edge of your seats!

Love lots,
Mariam Sarhan

~ ~ ~ ~ ○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~

Meanwhile, outside Agnus' subconscious . . .

"Obviously, I'm not your mother." Pearl said out of the blue when her two audience just kept on gawking at her for almost ten minutes.

"Um, what?" Venus asked absentmindedly.

"Venus, close your mouth. Concentrate." Pearl waved her hands in front of her face.

"Then why you steal her face? Scalia's beauty suits you just fine." She asked afterwards when the words actually sunk in her catatonic brain.

"I have a feeling that this will make you behave more. Now that's settled. First thing's first." Pearl replied in a dismissing tone.

The woman was rubbing her hands together excitedly like she would be presenting them a great present or reward.

"Whoa. Geez, mom wannabe. Please take my mom's face off. Erase, erase, erase." Venus wailed like a petulant child. She wanted to cross her arms on her chest or throw a wild tantrum but unfortunately for her, she was still stuck.

"Keep your mouth shut or I'll do it for you too." Pearl waved her forefinger at her in warning.

The woman smiled when it automatically silenced Vee.

"Better," Pearl said praising her like a kid who just behaved.

"Since we're not given any options but to listen to you. Can we start already?" Aldrik interupted, impatience was written all over his face.

Pearl smirked then raised her right hand, two big bubbles made of seawater appeared and enclosed them. One bigger for the three of them and another smaller one for the sleeping Agnus.

"What's with the bubbles? Helloooo. We're kind of tied up already." Vee mocked.

"Oh. It's for protection. We don't want anyone listening to our story." She paused and pointed to Agnus, "that lad might be sleeping, but trust me, his ears absorbs all informations."

"Now, I'm curious." Venus mumbled while Aldrik just cleared his throat in annoyance. His giving Pearl dirty looks. The woman was getting into his nerves, toying with them was not included in his list of tolerance.

"Now let's start our class. Define scale?" Pearl asked.

"Wait!" Venus interrupted before Aldrik could answer. He just closed his parted lips again and raised his eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"What the heck is this class. You should lecture first before the quiz." Venus complained.

"If you don't like the way I teach then feel free to go and get out of my bubble." Pearl answered without interest.

Venus was struggling to get out of the invisible and magical hold on her but to no avail. "Yeah right!" She huffed when all her efforts remained fruitless.

"Now. Are we clear Venus?" Pearl asked with a victorious smile on her face to see defeat written all over her face. "So to continue, what is a scale for you?"