Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart

A few hours after the commotion outside the Academy, Venus went to her chamber that was shared with Marcus. Was. She was informed that his mother insisted for her son to have his own place since the blood bond was half-severed. She even left an instruction for Venus to shift to her Angelicum side every other day so Marcus could feed. Definitely not on Venus, Adelaide specified.

By the time Venus finished her shower, a chamber maid came to inform her that Marcus have recovered and that her group would come after an hour.

Venus was excited to see Marcus again. She waited impatiently that her voice croaked when she said, "Come in" after she heard a knock on her door. Amelia barged in first.

"Oh my goooood---dddeeessss!" Amelia squealed like a banshee when finally, they were allowed to see Venus again. Honestly, she was very excited for their new quest in three days.

"Shut it!" Rufus yelled at her hotly. After all these years, they were like a couple of cat and dog from their endless bickering.

Amelia flicked her hair and rolled her eyes at him, "I'm letting you off this time, lover boy. The spotlight's on Vee!" She ignored him afterwards as she launched herself towards Venus, engulfing her in a huge and tight hug. "Goddess! I missed you so much! Finally, we get to be with you without chaperones."

Venus was chuckling when she hugged her back. "I missed you too. All of you." She looked around trying to find Marcus but he was not there. Actually, the two princes were missing. She tried to hide her disappointment but her saddened expression was clearly showing on her face.

Daphne immediately caught up with her reaction, uncertain about who exactly Venus was looking for from the two, so she supplied her with answers . "Aldrik is still on his castle, being punished I guess while Marcus is somewhere in the Academy attending to. . ."

"Attending to important matters!" Agnus cut her off all of a sudden. They exchanged meaningful looks.

"Oh! Yeah, important matters. Ah-ha-ha-ha," Amelia added while chuckling nervously.

"What gives? C'mon guys. Yah know you're all' lousy liars." Venus said imitating a cowboy's way of talking.

"What's wrong with your speech? Are you ill or something?" Rufus asked her in confusion while looking at her like she was possessed.

"Goodness! Can't yah people understand howdy?" Venus added jokingly but still using the same accent.

"Obviously they don't, especially lover boy. I bet yah ain't gonna sell that punchline here!" Amelia butted in while winking at her. They both giggled like schoolgirls afterwards as they high-fived. The rest of the group looked at them wearing frowning expressions.

"We would appreciate it if we understand what was the joke about." D said disapprovingly with a hint of jealousy on the closeness that the two displayed. She had to learn human ways to relate with Venus like Amelia. She would not lose her bestfriend.

Amelia stopped chortling abruptly when she saw the sour-faced Daphne. She jumped at her and tackled her to the ground while tickling her nonstop. "You're seeing green, D! Nah ah!. . . No can do!. . . Won't let you!" She screamed at her ears in between laughs.

"Get off me, you idiot!" Daphne can't help herself but laugh with her. How could she even think for a minute of losing Venus. She won't. She forgot the fact that she gained another bestfriend after the bonding.

"Stop being silly, shifter! We should discuss the matters at hand." Rufus spat angrily while he pulled Daphne away from Amelia.

"Uh oh! Someone's a bitter melon" Amelia taunted Rufus more, sticking her tongue out to him. Rufus growled in anger when they were all startled by a loud voice just outside the door.

"I told you not to come here! Stop your foolishness this instant, I command you!"

Venus' eyes widened when she recognized the voice. Her heart leaped from happiness, it was Marcus!

"No! You cannot command me around, Marcy baby. You agreed to the bonding so you will act accordingly."

The second voice they heard was of a woman. Venus was confused while the rest made surprised gasps and gave nervous glances towards her direction.

Before they could react any further, the door bursted open and revealed a tall and slim brunette with a worried looking Marcus behind her.

"There you are! I was beginning to wonder if I was actually lost." The woman said while smiling arrogantly directly at Venus.

"And you are?" Venus asked crossing her arms on her chest while raising her eyebrow at her. She had the idea who exactly the woman is but deep inside she hoped she was wrong. Besides, she wouldn't let anyone bully her. Not that she was getting cocky and all but she stood her ground when she was just a defenseless human then how much more now?

"Oh, pardon my rudeness. . ." her hand was covering her mouth as she faked a humorless laugh. ". . . I'm Princess Animone, Marcus' soon to be other half. Thought I might drop by to extend a personal invitation to you for our bonding ceremony. After all, you were someone personal to him."

"Animone!" "A-Animone." Both Marcus and Rufus reacted at the same time. One was an angry shout while the other one was of utter disbelief.

Rufus couldn't believe his eyes upon seeing his twin sister started her wicked scheme again. No not this time. He won't allow it. Not on Venus, "You must learn to place your fangs on the right place, my dear sister." Rufus said in warning. His eyes were coal black.

"Stay out of this, Ruffy. Like you always do." Animone hissed at her brother then turned back to Venus, "And you Pure One, make sure you keep your distance to Marcus." Her voice was laced with venom and full of threat. Like a lioness guarding her cub. She then pulled the still stunned vampire and kissed him full on his lips.

Venus tears poured like river but she immediately wiped it away. She would not give Animone the satisfaction of seeing her cry. Though, deep in her heart she knew that she already lost the love of her life as she watched him stay glued to the demoness.

He didn't pull back.

He didn't refuse.

Marcus was like a thorny rose that lured her in by its beauty and pierced her heart deeply after.

No! I won't stand down without a fight. Venus decided inwardly.

"Until, you're bonded. He's mine or maybe you forgot about that? Marcus, my inamorato. Come to me," Venus stated. Her group mates all stood frigid on their places while Marcus head snapped towards her, his red orbs boring deep into her own lavender ones.

"Don't step that low. You're not like her." Marcus spoke the words firmly through clenched teeth.

"I'm not doing this for her. I'm doing this for you. You deserve someone better than her."

"And what do you know about what's good for him? All this time, you gave him nothing but heartaches!" Animone yelled at her.

"Well, he's bonded to me so my blood is one thing that's good for him."

"Both of you, stop this nonsense! Vee! This is not you. This is not the one I loved." Marcus said to her almost pleading.

"Loved? Is that how fast you change your feelings just because you found a princess. No! I order you through our blood bond, come here." Venus' emotions were pouring out but Marcus saw it differently. All he saw was red. He wanted to strangle her back into her senses. How could anyone be so selfish. She clearly had been with Aldrik on that maze.

"So be it! Animone, wait for me in our room!" Marcus spoke with contempt and within seconds he was embracing Venus and bit her through her mark.

"No!" The chorus of yells of her group echoed through the chamber as Animone retreated back with a smug smile. But those who were left were all stunned once more as Venus right hand signaled them to go and her left hand buried in Marcus' hair to give him more access to her neck.

Marcus was punishing her but she was holding on to the love of her life. The thorn in her heart.