Finale 🔥 Part One

Sorry guys. Finale is longer than expected so I broke it into two parts. The second part will be posted on friday. Thank you so much for all your support. Book three will start soon.

Love lots,

Mariam Sarhan

〰〰〰〰〰➿➿➰➿➿〰〰〰〰〰

Everyone was set and ready to go.

Everyone. . . except Venus.

She was nowhere to be found. Even Hadraniel tried to link with her mentally but all he got was a buzzing static response.

"Damn it! We're running out of time. Where is she? Have she forgotten about today?" Rufus mused to himself. He was pacing back and forth in agitation.

"What's going on in here?" Lord Ronheild bellowed. His presence added more tension to that stressful moment. He came out of the Academy's front doors, Sylvie and Vulca not far behind him. Their cloaks weren't able to hide the pressure and anxiety they must feel based on the stiffness of their shoulders and gait.

"You must travel to Human Realm now," Sylvie snapped at them without even checking if the group was complete and not even caring to ask what the fuss was about. She wanted to be somewhere else at the moment but things kept on getting piled up in front of her. It drived her crazy thinking that her people needed her the most, but here she was, being held up for a lot of other reasons instead of attending to the things that matters the most.

"Um, Venus is missing?" Amelia answered her. She looked just as frightened as the others while giving Sylvie dubious looks.

"We must find her at once!" Ronheild roared.

The anger on his voice set them all to motion all at once, different colors of fire dispersed in an instant.

〰〰〰〰〰➿➿➰➿➿〰〰〰〰〰

Venushca, you have to know. . .

She was walking on a cold and murky place. She couldn't see ahead, not even behind. All she saw was mists enveloping her—its damp, cold moist seeped through her skin giving her goosebumps all over. The place gave her the creeps, it was eerily quiet and yet, it gave her the feeling that she wasn't alone.

That voice. . . That voice is. . .

Venus shook her head trying to make sense of things. She couldn't point a finger to it. It sounded like her mother's and yet it wasn't. The place was like a mirage and her ears were just playing tricks on her. She must be inside her head again but how? She didn't recall sleeping, in fact she was on her way towards the academy's entrance to meet up with the others. Right, she remembered it clearly now, snapping her fingers praising herself. She was passing through the hallway near the library.

You have to know. . .

There was that voice again, echoing through the eerie place. She couldn't see any walls but based on the resonating sounds, it must bounce on something. She shook her head once again, it wasn't the time to contemplate.

H-hello? Mommy is that you? What's wrong with your voice? Where am I?

She couldn't help herself but stutter. There was something about the mists that's unnerving. There was something-out of place, something-hostile. . .

I don't have much time, remember this place. Come back after meeting with Cassia. In here, you seek and you shall find.

Um, mom? Where exactly is this place? I don't understand.