Chapter 17 The Dive of Love

Venus didn't expect Marcus to still talk to her, hence, show affection after everything had happened. She was both relieved and devastated for the situation they were both in. If there's something that she would welcome with opened arms right at the moment, it would be diving off the cliff and probably dying in the arms of the one she loves. Just this time she gave in to her emotions, just one diving time. . . And maybe, the last time.

"Promise me that you will never let go." Venus asked much to the surprise of her companions but not Marcus. He knew that he'd be the only one who would be able to convince her otherwise. He did what he needed to do in the last three days, before, he came here. Now, he's prepared to do anything just to defy whatever the fate had planned for them. He also knew that Venus would do the same, only if he knew the reason why? And Marcus' was more than determined to find out. One step at a time, he couldn't push everything at once into Vee. No, he cannot. It would be too overwhelming.

"I swear." Marcus' reply to her doubled-meaning question answered it all. From his subtle light kisses to their mark, to his tight grip that felt like he never wanted to let go, up to his piercing red orbs that seemed to burn brighter when he turned her facing him and stare at each other eyes, deeply. Venus felt it inside her that no matter what happens, even if she didn't asked, her inamorato wouldn't let her go. But, she's scared to hear and confirm it. Venus was beyond terrified to actually put an end to her fantasy, her make believe love story that ends with a happily ever after because in real life, it doesn't. It's more complicated than just 'Prince rescues the damsel in distress'. Venus tried to ignore the dread that slowly creeps up her skin; she refused to give up hope. No, not yet. As long as, it stays this way, they won't give up. She knew that now.

"Okay! Yehey! Venus and Marcus gonna jump in first!" Amelia cheered awkwardly to break the tension in the air. Well, who else would do the dirty deed but her. She couldn't expect such act coming from any of the rest of her group. They're all too stuck up to even close their mouths from shock.

"Shut up!"

Amelia anticipated that reprimand from Rufus too. She scoffed inside, very predictable. "I would if you weren't too unreliable to do things that I can and for the record, demon, you have no power over me." She snapped at him for the first time. The shifter realized that being nice wouldn't go anywhere with Rufus. She's done with him. No more.

Rufus was tongue-tied. He felt it. He read it on the timbre of Amelia's voice. She finally lets go of their connection from The Human Realm. It made him confused why he was a bit. . . Disappointed? The demon shook his head to clear his foggy mind and said, "I'm only unreliable to do or say such stupidity coming from you but nevertheless, the saying goes both ways."

Amelia wanted to answer back but Rufus turned around and walk towards the cliff. His steps were fast and angry then he stated, "This. . ." he pointed down as he faced them, Amelia specifically. ". . . Is what I'm reliable for. Things that matters. I can't let Venus dive first, so, see you all on the other side!" With that, he pushed himself off of the cliff, falling down with his back first.

Amelia ran towards the edge and dived after him. She did not break the eye contact and shouted, "Idiot! You don't have a breather with you!"

Rufus caught her chuckling, "You're also predictable, Melrick!" He whispered in her ear as they free fall together, limbs intertwined to each other. He was just testing a theory, and his theory was correct. He chuckled once again entertained by the fact that the shifter's inlove with him. Just a matter of three minutes, they submerged into a body of water, giving Amelia no time to ponder on how exactly Rufus knew what was inside her mind.

"Well, that was some drama. I better go next before I loose my courage." Daphne chortled nervously as she tried to look down and check the long drop. "Agnus! What are standing there for? Come!" She pulled the startled Faerian then dived with him unceremoniously. Agnus' squealed like a woman while Daphne laughed at him. Their noise was muffled afterwards with a loud splash of water.

"They all made it. I guess it's my turn. The supposed to be first to dive becomes the last, eh." Aldrik talked for the first time after the scene of Marcus and Venus.

"A-Aldrik?" Venus wanted to tell him how sorry she was. She wanted to give him comfort but he cuts her with a wave of his hand.

"Save it, idiot!" He snorted awkwardly. "I know." He looked at her eyes as he said the words sincerely. Aldrik's was not punished as everyone believed but he had gone through a memory entrapment done by his mother. He asked for her to trap all his memories of love with Venus into the furthest corner of his mind. The reason why, he didn't feel hurt or jealous anymore. He feels his heart's longing for her since the heart couldn't be swayed with magic though dark magic can manipulate it for a short period of time like what Cassia did. He feels her through the bond--her love that was clearly not intended for him, but he just doesn't remember anymore. It was the very reason why, he's back to calling her idiot. As far as his mind was concerned, he only remembers Vee as the idiot who appeared at his mother's dead garden years ago.

"Thank you."

Aldrik smiled at her after her words then dived head first.

Venus and Marcus were left alone in an uncomfortable silence. The vampire clasped his hands with hers without uttering words and slowly guided her shaking form towards the cliff's edge. The closer they get, the louder and the faster he could hear her heartbeats. Marcus caressed her hand softly with his thumb for more comfort and reassurance.

Venus eyes widen from fear and she exaggeratedly gasped when she saw the edge getting nearer.

"Look at me, Vee. Only at me." Marcus cooed at her like she was a baby. He didn't break his gaze from hers, locking it with intensity. All the words unsaid were laced into their eye to eye contact. Full of passion, longing, and love. . .

It was not the right time for words, for verbal confirmations but as much as he could, Marcus let Venus feel the real feelings he have for her. Even if it was just for this moment in time. As they finally stood at the end of the cliff, hand in hand, facing each other, Venus tears fell.

Marcus lets go of her hand and wiped it carefully with his thumbs. His fingers enclosing her neck up to her nape, touching her mark sensually. "Remember, I won't let go." He told her then pulled her off of the edge.

Venus inhaled a deep breath to keep herself from screaming. She shut her eyes tightly, her lips trembling. She encircled her arms around Marcus' waist while Marcus never lets go of her face. She pushed her head towards where she knew Marcus' neck were, to find more comfort but she was given more than just comfort. Marcus captured her lips in the most passionate kiss they shared out of all kisses they had. A kiss full of promise as they plummeted down fast into what they called 'The dive of Love'.